Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

ABS delete kit??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
There isn't a kit or anything like that. custom lines, brackets and wiring...

yea there is no wiring when you buy this kit..4 lines and a new MC...
Old Nov 22, 2010, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by milford

Just so everybody knows if you purchase all the components I listed you will get EVERY single piece that comes with the STM kit just a reman master cylinder and only spend $150.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Just in case it helps here is the master cylinder PN I used

MR527468

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brake...Q5fAccessories
Old Dec 13, 2010, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by milford
Reading owns...

He was asking about a kit to RELOCATE the ABS, not remove it. There is not a kit out there to do that, so it is all custom work.

Yes, if you just want to remove it, there are OEM parts available to do just that.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 01:55 AM
Evolving Member

Very interesting thread.. Im in the middle of swapping a evo 9 engine into an ACD ABS 2005 evo. The wiring for the 9 engine didn't have the plug for the ABS module but it did have the ACD computer harness. Do I have an RS harness? I'm guessing I just need to remove the ABS module and swap the 4 brake lines and MC.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
bump for further knowledge on this thread
Old Dec 30, 2010, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Just thought I would post this section from the FSM

With this and the ABS system potentially preventing flat spots in expensive race tires in high traction dry conditions without sacrificing braking performance, I have decided against removing the ABS system on my car.

I think I may try to eliminate the brake booster setup though and may relocate the ABS solenoids/ECU out of the engine bay and to the back of the car to transfer some much needed weight bias rearward.
I also am leaving my ABS in my super touring car to reduce wheel lock, even with the locking differentials. I like late braking with my ABS system. Even if my pedal goes low from hot fluid I can still make my apex. I do have a delete switch within reach for rain conditions when I wish to lock brakes for rotating the car through corners. I would rather lose weight with a lighter intercooler or tubular exhaust manifold.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure how it will work out, but I removed the brake booster and went to a smaller bore master cylinder. The brake booster feels more heavy then the ABS solenoid/ECU.

I'm mostly excited about being able to left foot brake and not have any feedback from throttle inputs. I use to LFB on my old car and if the car was in boost (like it should be) brake force dropped like a rock. Then I'd let off throttle a bit and the brakes would lock up due to changing over to vacuum.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not sure how it will work out, but I removed the brake booster and went to a smaller bore master cylinder. The brake booster feels more heavy then the ABS solenoid/ECU.

I'm mostly excited about being able to left foot brake and not have any feedback from throttle inputs. I use to LFB on my old car and if the car was in boost (like it should be) brake force dropped like a rock. Then I'd let off throttle a bit and the brakes would lock up due to changing over to vacuum.

Changing the bore of the master cylinder not knowing the brake gains may result in a rear wheel lock up scenario. Unless you have an adjustable prop valve and are going to tune it in under a few different conditions.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Read what I wrote earlier from the FSM. The factory ABS solenoid system is also an electronic proportioning valve.

It adjusts front to rear brake bias on the fly...

Why anybody would want to get rid of that, I don't know. From what I've experienced, the facotry balance under braking is very good, even on big sticky tires. Now if only we could tune the ABS ECU...
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:49 AM

Here is how I turned my light off after the ABS delete on an 03 evo viii
Attached Thumbnails ABS delete kit??-antilockwiring.jpg  

Last edited by Spoolinsteve; Jan 25, 2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Couldn't you just pull the dash out and remove the light bulb that's for the ABS light?

Dave
Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spoolinsteve
Here is how I turned my light off after the ABS delete on an 03 evo viii
Sweet thank you!!!!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by DaveK
Couldn't you just pull the dash out and remove the light bulb that's for the ABS light?

Dave
Sure thing, thats another way to do it, but standing over the fender sticking a paper clip in a plug or soldering a wire beats ripping that out for me. Many ways to skin a cat!

Anyway, car drives great, new brakes around, ebay non abs master cylinder using the part numbers in this thread, oem proportioning valves from mitsu and some new lines. I love not having ABS in this slushy mess. Plus it made good room for my catch can setup.

thanks for all your help in this thread guys!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spoolinsteve
Sure thing, thats another way to do it, but standing over the fender sticking a paper clip in a plug or soldering a wire beats ripping that out for me. Many ways to skin a cat!

Anyway, car drives great, new brakes around, ebay non abs master cylinder using the part numbers in this thread, oem proportioning valves from mitsu and some new lines. I love not having ABS in this slushy mess. Plus it made good room for my catch can setup.

thanks for all your help in this thread guys!

Awesome 1 more lighter EVO !!!

Quick Reply: ABS delete kit??