Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

ABS delete kit??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2010, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by willitas34
It is about a $50 rip. OEM Parts equal $351.63
You have to take in account how much it's going to cost to ship it. Something like 42$ from Mitsubishparts.net. STM has 5$ shipping
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Just thought I would post this section from the FSM

Originally Posted by Mistubishi Factory Service Manual
Top components such as Brembo brakes, EBD and sports ABS improve braking power and braking stability.

SPORTS ABS
• 4-wheel independent control optimizes the brake force to each wheel to achieve a balance of improved braking force and braking stability.
• A steering angular velocity sensor was added to monitor the steering angle status. Braking force is altered in response to the steering status to improve the quality of steering when braking in corners.
• The steering angular velocity sensor, lateral G-sensor and longitudinal G-sensor accurately monitor driving conditions and optimize ABS control to match the specific driving conditions.

EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution system)
• Rear brake power is electronically controlled to optimize performance in accordance with road and load conditions and to ensure optimal distribution of braking force between the front and rear brakes.
• Rear brake fluid pressure control employs a brake modulator hydraulic unit solenoid valve that made it possible to eliminate the pressure control valves (proportioning valves).
• Effective use of rear wheel brake force reduces temperature build-up in the front brakes under hard braking conditions.
• Independent control of the left and right rear brakes when braking during cornering achieves a balance of improved vehicle stability and braking force.
With this and the ABS system potentially preventing flat spots in expensive race tires in high traction dry conditions without sacrificing braking performance, I have decided against removing the ABS system on my car.

I think I may try to eliminate the brake booster setup though and may relocate the ABS solenoids/ECU out of the engine bay and to the back of the car to transfer some much needed weight bias rearward.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 01:37 PM

ordered a master cylinder off of ebay per the part numbers off of the abs delete thread. I did not receive the "adapter valves" with mine that come off the two bottom ports. Do you know if I can just source a reducer to complete my kit or are they some sort of special valve?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 01:41 PM

On second look from the previous supplied part numbers those adapters are actually the proportioning vavles...I think. part number MR249607 ?

Last edited by Spoolinsteve; Oct 27, 2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spoolinsteve
On second look from the previous supplied part numbers those adapters are actually the proportioning vavles...I think. part number MR249607 ?
I sent you a PM as well but that looks right those valves dot eh proportioning for the rear. I went with them as well even though my master came with some, that way i get new parts and I know there the right valve so a little less risk.

Hope that helps
Old Oct 28, 2010, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
VERY happy with the STM kit, had every single factory correct part, no guess work, even had ALL the single white line clips for the firewall to replace the multi line clips. STM's kit makes it so easy a blind monkey could install it.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CBRE
VERY happy with the STM kit, had every single factory correct part, no guess work, even had ALL the single white line clips for the firewall to replace the multi line clips. STM's kit makes it so easy a blind monkey could install it.
That is good to hear Curt. I'll be buying one over the winter for mine.

STM
Old Oct 29, 2010, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
seems like everyone is gonna be getting on of these kits over the winter
Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CBRE
If you use the parts list I provided and add the base Lancer non ABS master cylinder you will have the same complete kit.

At this point I've driven the car quite a bit and have had no issues. I want to test to see if I have rear lockup at varying road conditions, that aside it works perfectly.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 105 Likes on 84 Posts
I to will be buying the stm kit in 2 weeks i rather have no guess work...
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i would do this if i could get rid of the ABS light in my car!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

I pulled the solenoid assembly to relocate it and it is surprisingly light. Can't be over 6-7 pounds.

Just for anybody considering the weight advantage vs. other advantages on something other then a drag car.

Either way though, that 6-7 pounds is heading to the trunk area...
Old Nov 19, 2010, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by psphinx81

if the abs light comes on with the delete kit, couldn't you just clear that code causing the light to come on, or pull what ever bulb light??? also is STM the only company that offers this abs delete kit??? i personally am not concerned about what little weight reduction is involved in the switch, rather im more concrned with cleaning up the engine bay, so with that being said is there a way to relocate all that clutter of abs mess in the engine bay?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

There isn't a kit or anything like that. custom lines, brackets and wiring...
Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by psphinx81
Somewhere else in this thread i posted which wire to connect to ground to turn the abs light off.

Quick Reply: ABS delete kit??