Evo 8/9 vs. Evo X - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community



Evo Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
Sponsored by: Tire Rack

Evo 8/9 vs. Evo X

Closed Thread
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 20, 2017, 07:32 AM   #1
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Glen Burnie, MD
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: 2012 3.7 mustang (trying to change to a Evo) :)

Evo 8/9 vs. Evo X

I have been researching Evo's for awhile now and im stuck on the fence between buying an Evo 8, 9, or X. This car will be a daily driver for me but it will also see a lot of track time (drag strip) and a lot of spirited driving. AS i am a highschool student, i dont have millions of dollars to throw at an Evo to make it crazzzzyy quick, but i do wanna make some decent power. somehwere in the 500-700whp range but keeping a lot of drivability. i want to hear some of your guys opinions on which Evo to go with. Thanks!
Offline
 
Old Apr 20, 2017, 07:33 AM   #2
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Glen Burnie, MD
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: 2012 3.7 mustang (trying to change to a Evo) :)

Sorry guys i didnt mean to post this hear, can somebody move it for me?
Offline
 
Old Apr 20, 2017, 07:41 AM   #3
EvoM Moderator
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 3,018
Thanked 55 Times in 46 Posts

Drives: Evo IX SE

Go drive both and see which you like more. I like 8/9 because visibility in the X is horrid.

You either have a very nice job in high school or your parents are funding this car for you. Perhaps a financial management class would also be a good investment as well...lol
Offline
 
Old Apr 20, 2017, 06:14 PM   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: bahrain, originally from cali
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Drives: 1995 supra,1997 impreza,2004 evo 8, 2006 subaru sti ,2008 yamaha r1

Depends on what exactly your looking for ? Benefit of the 8/9 is 4g63 motor and little bit lighter/ more nimble . Evo x has more creature comforts and rides not quite as harsh as a 8/9
Offline
 
Old Apr 20, 2017, 06:33 PM   #5
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
4G63_EVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montrose CA
Posts: 703
Thanked 43 Times in 42 Posts

Drives: 2005 Wicked White SSL EVO 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyyy View Post
I have been researching Evo's for awhile now and im stuck on the fence between buying an Evo 8, 9, or X. This car will be a daily driver for me but it will also see a lot of track time (drag strip) and a lot of spirited driving. AS i am a highschool student, i dont have millions of dollars to throw at an Evo to make it crazzzzyy quick, but i do wanna make some decent power. somehwere in the 500-700whp range but keeping a lot of drivability. i want to hear some of your guys opinions on which Evo to go with. Thanks!
is this some kind of joke? You dont want to make it crazy quick but you want 5-700hp.
Not only does that take A LOT of money, but thats way more than crazy quick lol..
Idk if your trolling or what
Offline
 
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:39 PM   #6
Newbie
 
gixxer1621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: 03 Evolution 8, 03 Infinity G35

my coworker has a evo x and a friend has a evo 8, i had the chance to drive them both, i liked the evo 8 more, so i went for it and have no regrets.
Offline
 
Old Apr 21, 2017, 03:30 AM   #7
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
DRAGHICI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: T G S
Posts: 752
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Drives: PB MRT

Offline
 
Old Apr 21, 2017, 07:37 AM   #8
EvoM Moderator
iTrader: (26)
 
kyoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: US
Posts: 6,506
Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts

Drives: IX

sorry to be so blunt but what I hear is someone not in tune with reality. decent power = 500-700? don't have thousands and thousands to make the power and make it reliable? I'll throw out a rough number of 10-15k min to make that kind of power reliably, if u don't touch suspension or drivetrain, which you will need to do both of.

spirited driving on the street from a high school kid with a 500-700hp evo? unless you are one of those super young formula drivers, no thanks.

on the other hand, get a stock evo, and keep it stock for a while. get seat time doing autox, track days, and drag racing - and slowly build it. that, is much better way to go about this
Online
 
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:08 PM   #9
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
4G63_EVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montrose CA
Posts: 703
Thanked 43 Times in 42 Posts

Drives: 2005 Wicked White SSL EVO 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
sorry to be so blunt but what I hear is someone not in tune with reality. decent power = 500-700? don't have thousands and thousands to make the power and make it reliable? I'll throw out a rough number of 10-15k min to make that kind of power reliably, if u don't touch suspension or drivetrain, which you will need to do both of.

spirited driving on the street from a high school kid with a 500-700hp evo? unless you are one of those super young formula drivers, no thanks.

on the other hand, get a stock evo, and keep it stock for a while. get seat time doing autox, track days, and drag racing - and slowly build it. that, is much better way to go about this
this is awesome advice!
Took me about 7k to get my car to 400+ Realiably
Offline
 
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:21 AM   #10
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
letsgetthisdone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 8,974
Thanked 328 Times in 312 Posts

Drives: 2005 Evo 8. 2011 F150 FX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoo
sorry to be so blunt but what I hear is someone not in tune with reality. decent power = 500-700? don't have thousands and thousands to make the power and make it reliable? I'll throw out a rough number of 10-15k min to make that kind of power reliably, if u don't touch suspension or drivetrain, which you will need to do both of.

spirited driving on the street from a high school kid with a 500-700hp evo? unless you are one of those super young formula drivers, no thanks.

on the other hand, get a stock evo, and keep it stock for a while. get seat time doing autox, track days, and drag racing - and slowly build it. that, is much better way to go about this
Closer to $15k. Ask me how I know.

This thread is a joke. High school kid....are you just trying to figure how to blow your parents' money?
Online
 
Old Apr 23, 2017, 06:57 PM   #11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Ny
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
Closer to $15k. Ask me how I know.

This thread is a joke. High school kid....are you just trying to figure how to blow your parents' money?
hes trying to figure out how to skyrocket their insirance rates
Offline
 
Old Apr 24, 2017, 08:22 AM   #12
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
4G63_EVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montrose CA
Posts: 703
Thanked 43 Times in 42 Posts

Drives: 2005 Wicked White SSL EVO 8

never posted again, Troll?
Offline
 
Old Apr 24, 2017, 08:28 AM   #13
Evolved Member
iTrader: (16)
 
bboypuertoroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lacey/JBLM, WA
Posts: 1,821
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Drives: 2006 Evo IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyyy View Post
AS i am a highschool student, i dont have millions of dollars to throw at an Evo to make it crazzzzyy quick, but i do wanna make some decent power. somehwere in the 500-700whp range but keeping a lot of drivability.
Bruh.



Last edited by bboypuertoroc; Apr 24, 2017 at 02:09 PM.
Offline
 
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:37 AM   #14
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Ny
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G63_EVO View Post
never posted again, Troll?
or maybe he read over this and realized its time for a wrx instead haha
Offline
 
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:47 AM   #15
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
4G63_EVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montrose CA
Posts: 703
Thanked 43 Times in 42 Posts

Drives: 2005 Wicked White SSL EVO 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0dyix View Post
or maybe he read over this and realized its time for a wrx instead haha
Offline
 
 
 
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th Annual Ihop/Bear mountain run October 23,2016 4RETECH Northeast Region 37 Feb 7, 2017 03:37 AM
Radiator fan, yes? No? Viegasjuice Evo General 32 Sep 24, 2016 07:27 AM
All Mitsu Cookout -- August 28th, 2016 -- Ramsey, MN curt_gendron Midwest Region 8 Aug 31, 2016 12:32 PM
Amp wiring digaram Heebs 09gts Lancer Audio and Security (All models) 4 May 31, 2016 08:24 AM
4th Annual Ihop/Bear mountain run October 11,2015 4RETECH Northeast Region 41 Oct 18, 2015 05:29 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:16 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description: