Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

MR Springs??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2005, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: springs...

there is NO springs for the MR yet! DO NOT let anyone tell you any different! i just spoke to the guys at WORKS 2 days ago regarding the same question they have something in the "works" (heince the name) but it will be about a month or so before ANY info is avail. Just call them or check their site
Old Feb 11, 2005, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT
there is NO springs for the MR yet! DO NOT let anyone tell you any different! i just spoke to the guys at WORKS 2 days ago regarding the same question they have something in the "works" (heince the name) but it will be about a month or so before ANY info is avail. Just call them or check their site
it looks like he put springs on his white MR. i'm confused also. everywhere i've read or spoke to someone they said the MR shocks were different. then i see a pic of an MR using regular gsr springs, what gives? is there any difference, even subtile?
Old Feb 11, 2005, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Harman Motive
I still haven't had a chance to take good pics, but I figured I couldn't keep you all hanging for much longer

Regards,
not to be an as*hole but i dont think it looks ANY different from stock, plus your bilsteins are made to travel a certain distance & when you shorten suspension travel you not only defeat the purpose of the suspension, it rides like **** COILOVERS are the only way to go(why spend $36,000 & not give mR the best possible upgrades $ can buy)
Old Feb 11, 2005, 12:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dohcvtec
it looks like he put springs on his white MR. i'm confused also. everywhere i've read or spoke to someone they said the MR shocks were different. then i see a pic of an MR using regular gsr springs, what gives? is there any difference, even subtile?
The shocks are completely different internally and are made by Bilstein. Dimensionally they are the same, thus GSR springs fit perfectly.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 12:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT
not to be an as*hole but i dont think it looks ANY different from stock, plus your bilsteins are made to travel a certain distance & when you shorten suspension travel you not only defeat the purpose of the suspension, it rides like **** COILOVERS are the only way to go(why spend $36,000 & not give mR the best possible upgrades $ can buy)
Not being an as*hole at all. But to each his own. Coilovers are a better solution when setup properly (which is rarely the case). These springs certainly don't make the car ride like carp either.

If you are looking for springs and their many benefits (simplicity, cost) and want some that improve the handling and stance of the vehicle, these are great.

Springs will reduce the travel of the stock shocks, no doubt. With the increased spring rate,the actual amount the suspension will travel on a given compression is less than it would be with the stock springs, reducing the amount of travel. This is harder on the shocks and stiffens the ride, but don't we all know this?

On a side note, I could put any suspension I wanted on this car. But we like to test everything we sell personally, so I put the springs on it. I already have my JICs, but like I said, I'm not sure they're going on anytime soon.