Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Neal, Weight of Michelin PS2 vs. A046?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2005, 01:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah tell me about it! I would need a full Nismo body kit, Greddy Turbo, 47 TV screens, and 19" wheels to even get looked at. That wont be happening soon
Old Feb 8, 2005, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neal,

You are the man! Thanks for the info. Dropping 3lbs per tire is just like putting on the MR wheels! Great performance and light weight, looks like the PS2 is hard to beat.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 02:38 PM
Former Sponsor

No problem
Old Feb 9, 2005, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Neal@tirerack.
Yeah tell me about it! I would need a full Nismo body kit, Greddy Turbo, 47 TV screens, and 19" wheels to even get looked at. That wont be happening soon
You get your 47 TV screens, I'll completely gut my car and throw a roll cage in and we'll see what happens. Deal?
Old Feb 9, 2005, 07:52 AM
Former Sponsor

hrmm.... thinking... can I trade the TV's for the Greddy TT? If so its on!! LOL In the door out the door for a full Greddy install is like 11K
Old Feb 9, 2005, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

HOLY GEEZ thats insane. what kinda numbers increase would you be lookin at with the Greddy TT?
Old Feb 9, 2005, 07:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Yeah that includes the install, the turbo, dyno, tuning, front bumper (to make room for the intercooler) and a Greddy bumper sticker. Most people are getting around 425-450 rwh with the kit.

My G. Eibach springs/sways, Injen Intake, Crawford Plenum

Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah that includes the install, the turbo, dyno, tuning, front bumper (to make room for the intercooler) and a Greddy bumper sticker. Most people are getting around 425-450 rwh with the kit.

Does that not include the FMIC and piping? and I bet you could save at LEAST a couple grand if you told them to leave out the Greddy bumper sticker.

Thats a VERY nice lookin G.

My Evo:

Ha Ha, not really. This one is mine though...

Dirty:

Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Yeah, not sure if you want to launch the EVO like that lol. Looks good man! Glad to see someone else is getting snow. I drove my G last year in the winter, but decided to garage it and pimp a beater this winter. Depressing going from my G to a 215K mile 92 Accord EX hahahah. Gives me something to look forward to in the spring I guess
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, not sure if you want to launch the EVO like that lol. Looks good man! Glad to see someone else is getting snow. I drove my G last year in the winter, but decided to garage it and pimp a beater this winter. Depressing going from my G to a 215K mile 92 Accord EX hahahah. Gives me something to look forward to in the spring I guess
I wish I had a beater to drive around every once in a while. My car's only 7 months old and shes got 14.5K miles on her. Good times. A BUNCH of those came from the trip to Arkansas (the snow pics). My first car had over 250,000 miles, no heater, no a/c, no stereo, bad broken into once when I put a stereo in, then stolen and stripped once when I put another one in (all over the span of six years). Yeah, I had that beater for six years. I think I deserve an Evo.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:30 AM
Former Sponsor

What was there left to strip out?! hehe I had a 98 Intrepid before the G. Decided I'd buy myself a present after driving Mad Max cars my whole life
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Just out of curiousity - You work at tirerack and don't have some slick aftermarket rims. No discounts for the employees?

btw - the car looks awesome though - Some bronze or gunmetal 18/19inch TE 37s
and it would look

Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ovenmit331
Like how much would dropping 7 pounds per tire affect a ¼-mile time? I would think 28 pounds of unsprung rotational weight would help out a bit. Am I wrong?
better grip on heavier tires will overperform poor grip on lighter tires
Old Feb 10, 2005, 07:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KZEVO
Just out of curiousity - You work at tirerack and don't have some slick aftermarket rims. No discounts for the employees?

btw - the car looks awesome though - Some bronze or gunmetal 18/19inch TE 37s
and it would look
Ya know, its a combo of things really. I'm not a real gold/black combo guy so that's out. I get a LOT of compliments on the stock wheels already, specifically the finish. Mainly I want a wheel that has a large lip cause the car looks awesome with a rear lip. Unfortunately we just don't offer a whole lot in that style for the Brembo cars. I will find out today what wheels and styles were are brining onboard this year, so there might be a wheel in the future I prefer. Otherwise I might purchase the Volk SF Winnings. Just real picky about the wheels I buy.

Wheels are the window to car cars soul. Some cars need a new set of curtains, some don't. Think my car is right on the edge heeh
Old Feb 10, 2005, 11:08 AM

Lightest 18 lbs Conti Sport Contact
What about the Sport Contact 2s? Same weight? Less? More?

Quick Reply: Neal, Weight of Michelin PS2 vs. A046?