Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Lowering Spring Drop & Ride Quality.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2005, 03:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NYREDEVO
How bout this for what I am looking for....

I want my car dropped about an inch - inch an a half.....but I DONT want to screw up my handling or ride. I figure they won't do much performance wise to enhance the cars handling, I just dont want to screw it up!

Will springs do the trick or am I playing with fire?
Have you considered the WORKS Ride springs? We engineered them to lower the car equally front and rear as to not upset the balance the EVO came with. The progressive rate spring helps soak up the lighter bumps to help with the ride while still improving performance when driven into the corners.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jamie@WORKS
Have you considered the WORKS Ride springs? We engineered them to lower the car equally front and rear as to not upset the balance the EVO came with. The progressive rate spring helps soak up the lighter bumps to help with the ride while still improving performance when driven into the corners.
So I can put these in, get a small drop without sacrificing ride quality & handling?

Your saying they improve cornering correct? How much of a difference are we talking about?

Say for $hits & giggles, I took my car stick around a track. Are we talking about a second, a tenth of a second or no real difference. What could I expect?

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't know alot about suspension so I am learning and I don't want to go into it blindly.

1 last thing...the bump stops...What are those for?

Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 28, 2005, 01:44 PM
Account Disabled

You got it WORKS was after a performance benefit when engineering the Ride springs. The drop in ride height is more about lowering the center of gravity rather than looks and the progressive rate springs help maintain the ride quality. This helps increase cornering ability while decreasing some body roll.

I dont have any quantifiable data handy right now. The track-related questions are valid, but will vary by track.

The optional bumpstops are mainly for those who don't want to trim their stock ones. If you're comfortable modifying the original bumpstops on your EVO, then don't worry about it.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

I really like my Hotchkiss. Sometimes I wish it was just slightly lower, but for a daily driver, and increased handling, I don't mind it at all.