Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

AYC/hand brake

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2002, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AYC/hand brake

I kno Claudius and others dont like the AYC of the Evo VI. When the hand brake is pulled the AYC is dis-activated correct? So isn't it possible to pull the hand break up one click so that the caliper isnt squeezing against the disc, but the AYC would be inactive?
The reason I thought of this is because my friend had an indash dvd player in his car, but was designed to only play when the car was parked with the hand break on, so the diver wouldnt watch while driving. So, to get around this he would just put the hand break on a little so he could watch dvds while driving but the hand brake wasnt pulled enough to actually brake.......
just an idea.......mike
Old Jan 28, 2002, 03:26 AM
Evolving Member

The electronic center diff on some E7's disengages power to both rear wheels when the handbrake is pulled.

No E6's have the ACD feature, rather they have mechanical viscous center diffs. Does the VC Center Diff on the E6's get disengaged when the handbrake is pulled? I don't know but either way, I don't think the AYC is involved.

From what I've read AYC manages torque split levels left to right for higher lateral G's while cornering but the disengagement of rear power has nothing to do with this.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 02:28 AM
Evolved Member

I think Billy's right, but anyway, it is no problem to disable the AYC, you can just pull the fuse. BUT then the diff acts as if it's open. What I want is an LSD.