Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

S-AWC service light on - Told s-awc ecu needs replacing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2012, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S-AWC service light on - Told s-awc ecu needs replacing

2008 LANCER EVO X GSR SST 300 - RIGHT HAND DRIVE - UK MODEL 38,000 miles - Model code CZ4A

Having a problem here with my new evo x , just purchased it from a auction, car came as a trade in.

I have the problem of the S-AWC service light coming up all the time on my car as soon as i set off after about 500 yards up the road, if i stop the car turn off and on it goes away untill i set off agian and then just down the road it pops up again.

I have just contacted the old pervious owner of the car and he said he took it into mitsubishi dealer and they said it needed the s-awc ecu replacing which he said seemed expensive so he just traded it in for a new car.

Couple of questions here:

1) can i just purchase a new/secound hand s-awc ecu from ebay and just swapp them over , or is each ecu programmed to a specfic car???

2) looking on ebay there are "ACD AYC ECU UNIT EVOX CZ4A" for sale from $80 am i correct in thinking this is the S-AWC ecu - Also would a s-awc ecu from a usa car fit a uk/euro car???

3) where is the s-awc ecu located on a right hand drive car??? i have just been looking all around under the dash area by the brake pedal and i can not see it there as my car is right hand drive would this ecu be located on the left side under the glove compartment??

i just hope the dealer where this car was traded in never removed the ecu and never replaced it back in the car!!!!

i really like this car and its a pain to have this fault, just hoping its not to expensive to fix this problem, as at first i was thinking the ayc pump hand failed reading threw similar threads about the s-awc sercvice light any help in answering my questions 1-3 would be very usefull, thanks in advance

Last edited by xop32; Jun 8, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
I have one oem at home. You can by it for cheap if you need it. It is in perfect condition. The reason is why i dont have in my car, because i have a better one to replace that. The car had less then 12k miles when we replaced it.
Pm me if you interested
Old Jun 9, 2012, 07:38 AM

do you no where the s-awc ecu is located???

i saw some pictures on here that its just above the brake pedal, under the dash area, i have got my head down on the floorby the brak/gas pedal and looked up under the dash and can not see it either to the left or right, should it be visable or do you need to remove trim panels to access it?????
Old Jun 9, 2012, 07:51 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
^--- Is there any evidence of their being a difference in S-AWC programming between manual and SST?
Old Jun 9, 2012, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

I had an issue just like this a while back while self tunning. I had flashed the ecu and everything looked fine. Started driving down the road and it popped up. Dismissed the alert and another hundred yards it happened again. pulled out my laptop and flashed an older rom and the problem went away.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
this is how its look like, and that is one what you are looking for. You can find it under the driver side of the dash. On the side wall if i remeber right, around the fuse box area.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jun 9, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:27 PM

Turned out my ayc pump had failed

just had the ayc refurbished and everything is ok

now i have a rattle on my front n/s shock which is very annoying
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:41 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
How did you get it refurbed?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:17 PM

i took it to a person who rebuillds the units for evo's 6,7,8,9 and 10's in the uk

harry hockly motorsport

i took the ayc pump off my car took it to them lucky it was not to rusted up and could be refurbished

all it needed was a new perssure plate inside and rubber o rings

total cost was £160 for the rebuild of the ayc pump, i took my car to them to afterwards to have the pump refitted back onto my car and the ayc fuilds bleed threw

total cost was just over £300 for a fullpump rebuild and refitting,

the mitsubihi main dealer quoted £2000 for a new pump and wanted £140 just to bleed the pump let alone take the old one off and fit new one
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:51 PM

I'd run it back to him and let him know about the rattle that would be annoying beyond belief for me
Old Jul 17, 2012, 03:15 PM

The rattle is from the front suspension, it looks like i have a strut on the way out on the front left side, i have sprayed the sturt/shock with lubricating fuild and it kind of quitens down a bit, but its either a new front shock or shock top mount needed

as with any car soon as you fix one thing, something else needs sorting out