Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Endless big brake kit...whos got them installed?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is it true that Rotora is made in Taiwan? someone on evom said they were... just want to make sure if its true
Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by termsheet
I put high temp fluid and stainless lines on the stockers and still warped the rotors after a few track days. This is pretty common. I just ordered some Stop Techs. They seem to be the best big brake kit value that I've found. Unfortunately the company just sold and they are low on inventory. I'm being told 3 weeks at the earliest. It would be interesting to have someone (maybe a vender) list all the major Evo kits with market prices. I looked at the Brembos and APs but they were a lot more than the Stop Techs.
and you're 100% positive you warped them, and it's just not uneven pad deposits.

Everyone thinks a pulse in their brakes is a warped rotor. Go out and bed your pads in again, and then let them cool. Tell me if the problem is solved. (almost certain it will be).
Old Apr 30, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i heard rotora is more show then even performance...i heard they were made iin taiwan also..
Old Apr 30, 2006, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
and you're 100% positive you warped them, and it's just not uneven pad deposits.

Everyone thinks a pulse in their brakes is a warped rotor. Go out and bed your pads in again, and then let them cool. Tell me if the problem is solved. (almost certain it will be).
I checked the pads when I pulled the brakes off and they looked fine. The rotors on the other hand... didn't fair so well.

I've actually seen several sets of warped rotors come through our shop. Someone posted a thread awhile back about trying to get their warped rotors warrantied. Mitsu replied that they warped rotors are not a defect, but rather the result of off-road driving.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

I checked the pads when I pulled the brakes off and they looked fine. The rotors on the other hand... didn't fair so well.

I've actually seen several sets of warped rotors come through our shop. Someone posted a thread awhile back about trying to get their warped rotors warrantied. Mitsu replied that they warped rotors are not a defect, but rather the result of off-road driving.
yes, pads are fine. If i let somebody drive my evo after a track day they'd say "damn, you warped your rotors." Since i swap to stock pads/rotors, i just throw the stockies back on, and drive.

When i get set to track again, wow, don't ya know, still pulses. Take it out for 2-3 hard brakes, 80-30. Let it cool without hitting the brakes, and bam, ready to go, all extra pad compound removed, and ready for another track day.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Do the Endless big brake kit limit you to only endless pads?
Old Jul 29, 2007, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

- Rotora is made from parts sourced from vendors in Asia. It's also assembled in Asia. No one knows where the parts come from.
- Stoptech is made from parts sourced from vendors in Asia. It's ASSEMBLED in the USA. Their calipers are probably made by VTTR or some other vendor out of Taiwan (www.vttr.com.tw/)

Neither source parts from Japan. And there's a huge quality difference.

Might want to read the first two pieces in the following link.

http://og-made.com/archives/category...s-innovations/

Last edited by PurgeIt; Jul 29, 2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 05:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Stoptech:

Originally Posted by stoptech.com
StopTech's ST-40 and ST-60 calipers are manufactured using a squeeze-forging process at Sanyco, a 34-year old company that is CNS, QS 9000, and ISO 9002 certified. Mitsubishi®, Volkswagen® and Toyota® are among their top customers.

Sanyco delivers raw caliper castings. StopTech does all finish machining (such as piston bores sized correctly for the application), assembly and test in California. StopTech tests every single finished caliper to 2800 psi using brake fluid on a special test bench designed by StopTech engineers.
Rotors are made in Italy

Hats, brackets, and brake lines are machined in house by Stoptech in California.

source -> www.stoptech.com

- andrew
Old Jul 29, 2007, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Well, there you go. Sanyco's a company in Shenzen, China.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

I have the Endless Racing 6 Front & Racing 4 Rear on my Evo.

Front:

Rear:

With wheel on:
Old Jul 29, 2007, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mike, you balla
Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
I put high temp fluid and stainless lines on the stockers and still warped the rotors after a few track days. This is pretty common. I just ordered some Stop Techs. They seem to be the best big brake kit value that I've found. Unfortunately the company just sold and they are low on inventory. I'm being told 3 weeks at the earliest. It would be interesting to have someone (maybe a vender) list all the major Evo kits with market prices. I looked at the Brembos and APs but they were a lot more than the Stop Techs.
Stainless lines and hightemp fluid would do nothing to prevent rotors from warping. Also, you didn't warp the rotors unless your lug nuts weren't properly torqued, in which case it may be possible. Just some fyi. http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...rakedisk.shtml

Last edited by XSivPSI; Jul 29, 2007 at 10:14 PM.