Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Swift Springs Installed w/ PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2006, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Swift Springs Installed w/ PICS!!!

Here are some quick pics to give everyone an idea of how the swift springs drop the Evo. I was initially really concerned about the stance of the car with these springs and I can honestly say that these springs really make the look a lot more agressive without dropping it too low. It also improved the ride quality quite noticeably. Theres def a difference in body roll now. I am really glad I went with these springs.

Old Jul 15, 2006, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Inprogress
Here are some quick pics to give everyone an idea of how the swift springs drop the Evo. I was initially really concerned about the stance of the car with these springs and I can honestly say that these springs really make the look a lot more agressive without dropping it too low. It also improved the ride quality quite noticeably. Theres def a difference in body roll now. I am really glad I went with these springs.

I drive very aggresively, combine that w/crappy streets and you can have some real issues. I am very pleased with my SPrings as well, your car looks good mang.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pure Goodness!!!!! lovin the drop!! just enough
Old Jul 16, 2006, 04:24 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the pics, I'm still torn...my parking lot for work is terrible and my driveway is pretty steep.

When you said there is a difference in body roll, you meant a reduction right? That's all I can really complain about in the evo, everything is amazing but there is some body roll in long sweeping turns.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 05:07 AM
Account Disabled

long sweepers with only the springs installed you might notice some scary bouncing going on when the springs compress all the way. The car truelly turned like crap after i had installed the springs with no other mods. I suggest that you get a sway bar and endlinks, and anything else you can. The bodyroll might feel like it's gone but, it's just in the front of the car now. The front tires would roll over onto their edges when driving hard, the car was so unbalanced and drove worse then stock, of course that was before the Robispec stuff was done, now i love my Swifts
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice man..If you in houston you need to hit me up so I can see how they feel. I am lookin for some springs also. Are there any springs that will make the front sort of sit lower than the back, because all these springs drop make them sit equal, or the front sit higher than the back still and if you launch the weight xfers to the back.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RobDogg
long sweepers with only the springs installed you might notice some scary bouncing going on when the springs compress all the way. The car truelly turned like crap after i had installed the springs with no other mods. I suggest that you get a sway bar and endlinks, and anything else you can. The bodyroll might feel like it's gone but, it's just in the front of the car now. The front tires would roll over onto their edges when driving hard, the car was so unbalanced and drove worse then stock, of course that was before the Robispec stuff was done, now i love my Swifts
so robdogg i think i read this right you had the swifts to begin with? what stuff did robi do for you?
Old Jul 16, 2006, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't like the way sway bars and end links made my wrx handle, I might have went over board though with the 27-29mm (front) 24mm (rear) combo but it felt "darty" like I would turn the wheel, the car would shift hard to one side and then want to take off in the opposite direction.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2StepsAhead
I didn't like the way sway bars and end links made my wrx handle, I might have went over board though with the 27-29mm (front) 24mm (rear) combo but it felt "darty" like I would turn the wheel, the car would shift hard to one side and then want to take off in the opposite direction.
Well, it was a WRX.......
Old Jul 16, 2006, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
so are they better for handling for stock????? or should you add other stuff to make that happen. are they bouncy???
Old Jul 18, 2006, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
so are they better for handling for stock????? or should you add other stuff to make that happen. are they bouncy???
bump anyone????
Old Jul 18, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

I would say the car handles better then stock, but from what i hear it seems a rear swaybar plus springs combo is where its at. Thats what I plan on doing after a reflash.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 08:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I would say the car handles better then stock, but from what i hear it seems a rear swaybar plus springs combo is where its at. Thats what I plan on doing after a reflash.
Adding a rear sway bar will really make the car shine, especially along with the Whiteline bumpsteer kit and trailing arm bushings.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ighlight=swift

- andrew
Old Jul 18, 2006, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

I told you you'd be happy with the Swifts!
Old Jul 18, 2006, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RenoEvo
I told you you'd be happy with the Swifts!
Touche!