Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

An alternative tire to the oem Yoko....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2006, 02:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i'm on my second set of falken RT-615's size 245/35/17 and i love'em. i only got 8k out of the stock advans. they were almost showing cords at 8k. the first set of falkens i got about 14k i think. to tell you the truth, i wasn't really all that impressed with the stock advan tires. but, in the advans defense, i changed suspension setups at the same time that i changed tires so it was hard to compare the two tires. i went from bald advans on stock MR suspension to bald advans on Buddy Club racing spec coilovers to full tread RT-615's on Buddy Club racing specs. i wouldn't mind getting another set of A046's to see how they compare on the Buddy Club coilovers, but i can't see paying $1000 for tires that will only last me 5 or 6 months if im lucky.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo
Yeah we must be wasting are time!

You mean, OUR time? OH THE IRONY!
You forgot to point out the word "gramatical." It's grammatical.

Gsrboi, yeah, he has Prulude in his profile. However, you're right, I have no love for the ex-Honda boys, many of whom have tainted the Evo community with their ricer tendencies (not all, but many).
Old Dec 25, 2006, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Well would you get stockers new for $600? over something else?
Old Dec 25, 2006, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YogSaahoth
BFG pole position
This is the correct tire.
The full name is:

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole position.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You forgot to point out the word "gramatical." It's grammatical.

Gsrboi, yeah, he has Prulude in his profile. However, you're right, I have no love for the ex-Honda boys, many of whom have tainted the Evo community with their ricer tendencies (not all, but many).

And a lot in the EVO community have no love of people posting "search" all the time. You give the evo community a bad name with your constant badgering of new people.

Things change, esspecially in tires. God forbid we'd have a new thread on them.
In case you didn't know, THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON EVOM SUCKS.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
OEM or ADVAN Sport? Which is better?
Old Dec 25, 2006, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

^ Advan A046 wins that one.

I'm running RT-615s rite now and I'm loving them. I don't track or even AutoX but from my DD and spirited driving I don't find much difference. They're up there.

Good luck on your search
Old Dec 25, 2006, 10:58 PM

The OEM tires are great, but when it comes time for new tires, I will probably opt for either Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position or Michelin Pilot Sport PS2. Most likely the Bridgestones.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

Falken RT-615
Bridgestone Potenze RE01-R
Old Dec 26, 2006, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
And a lot in the EVO community have no love of people posting "search" all the time. You give the evo community a bad name with your constant badgering of new people.

Things change, esspecially in tires. God forbid we'd have a new thread on them.
In case you didn't know, THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON EVOM SUCKS.
Yes, many people can't handle being called out on doing stupid things, so they get mad. The rules clearly state that you MUST search before posting, yet you lecture me on reminding people of that rule. Why don't you go yell at the site owners for making that rule instead? Yeah, I didn't think so. Tires do not change much at all, so not sure where you got that idea. Even so, it's perfectly fine for someone to ask a SPECIFIC question or ask for updates AFTER having done tons of searching.

PS. The search function sucks only as much as the person using it...
Old Dec 26, 2006, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
This is the correct tire.
The full name is:

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole position.
No, BFG = BF Goodrich. Bridgestone Pole Positions are not BFG's.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Disagree. Searches show far too much junk. For example, this thread will now show in a search for OEM tire alternatives. That's the main problem with searches on this site now - a very high ratio of noise-to-signal threads.

Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD07 in 245/40R17. Comparable tire to the A046s with a slightly cheaper price tag.

Last edited by EJEvo; Dec 26, 2006 at 08:06 AM. Reason: add useful info
Old Dec 26, 2006, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Ive also heard that Bridgestone Potenza RE01-R are awesome tires. Im debating between them and the 615's...

Any1 running the Bridgestone Potenza RE01-R?

Thx Travis
Old Dec 26, 2006, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by EJEvo
Disagree. Searches show far too much junk. For example, this thread will now show in a search for OEM tire alternatives. That's the main problem with searches on this site now - a very high ratio of noise-to-signal threads.
I agree with Warr. Part of the signal-to-noise ratio is people making duplicate threads, such as this one.

I ususally narrow down the searches by using the 'titles only' option. And for something like tires, you can search a specific forum such as the motorsports forum.

There have been numerous threads in the past 3 months on this same topic. Not too many changes with tires in 3 months.

By the way, my stock tires are about worn out and I plan on going with the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Positions. I loved the 3 sets of Bridgestone S03s on my previous car. And I had this same response in a previous thread.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Yes, many people can't handle being called out on doing stupid things, so they get mad. The rules clearly state that you MUST search before posting, yet you lecture me on reminding people of that rule. Why don't you go yell at the site owners for making that rule instead? Yeah, I didn't think so. Tires do not change much at all, so not sure where you got that idea. Even so, it's perfectly fine for someone to ask a SPECIFIC question or ask for updates AFTER having done tons of searching.

What are the rules about useless posts that take up 10% of a thread and add no information?