Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Stop Squeal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2007, 04:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stop Squeal

Just replaced pads and rotors w/ rotora sloted and ebc green stuff pads. I'm getting excessive brake squeal and was just wondering if thats normal and if there is somthing I can either spray them with to decrease the noise. a little squeak is fine but this sounds awful.

Last edited by Duby; Jan 22, 2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Duby
Just replaced pads and rotors w/ rotora sloted and ebc green stuff pads. I'm getting excessive break squeal and was just wondering if thats normal and if there is somthing I can either spray them with to decrease the noise. a little squeak is fine but this sounds awful.
Did you re-use the shims that were on the back of the stock pads?
Old Jan 22, 2007, 04:35 AM
Evolved Member

sell your car.

either that, or perhaps search first? there's like 5,000 threads on this already.

mainly people use anti-squeal grease on the back and sides of the pads. Works for some, not for others. Bedding in helps. Race pads don't. Two-piece rotors don't help either. Stock rotor and a more street pads will generally stop it.

Good luck.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Duby
Just replaced pads and rotors w/ rotora sloted and ebc green stuff pads. I'm getting excessive break squeal and was just wondering if thats normal and if there is somthing I can either spray them with to decrease the noise. a little squeak is fine but this sounds awful.
Why does everyone get this wrong. Its "BRAKES" not "BREAKS".
Old Jan 22, 2007, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Bought the same pads, and the noise is just absolutely horrible, I know a little excessive noise should be expected, but this is another level. I just tried out the anti-squel spray and nope didn't do a damn thing, it's the pads, they need to go. I'm ordering new pads now, I hope they come soon, because it's gonna be a long week. I know people gonna say a little excessive brake noise is normal, but there isn't nothing normal about this sh*t. I'll never buy EBC pads again!!!