Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Check dis, Magnesium wheels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2002, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check dis, Magnesium wheels

http://www.magnesiumwheels.ru/

check dem wheels!! Made in russia and I can't really work out what's going on on the site. One of my mates has magnesium wheels on an Evo 6 from Russia and they are quite light and also cheap. Don't know if they're from the same company, but I think they are. I'm trying to get some info from these guys. And what exactly is the right wheelsize for a 6? 7,5/17 ET38 5 holes and diameter 113, or something??
Old Mar 17, 2002, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.magnesiumwheels.ru/forum.php

Also posted the question in their Forum...
Old Mar 17, 2002, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

I tried that before, but it wasn't working. I thought it was some russian-style disorganised stuff, that they said they have it and it actually isn't there... Hey, at least I found the forum although I can't read any cyrillic!!
Old Mar 18, 2002, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

went to the website but it wasn't very helpful. am looking for a new set of rims (currently considering some rays/volk stuff) for the evo so that I can have a set of road tyres and a set with semi-slicks. can't afford new S-03s every time there is a trackday. however, haven't decided on weather I need to upgrade brakes and go for 18in.

Am also looking for new rims for the Lotus, which is really a ***** since it has a 0 offset.

Please let me know if you guys find out more about this magnesium rims stuff. Would really like a set (at the correct price).
Old Mar 18, 2002, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

These are very cheap, and I think they can make them at almost any size requested. The price is definetely right, just a question about quality. My friends wheel have held up very well so far and considering this company made aircraft parts before.... BUT they're still Russian...
3171 you are using S-O3s!?!?!?!?!?! DON'T use those tires!!! They are crap. Get Pirelli P-Zero Assimetrico Yellow (i.e. not the Rossos).
Old Mar 18, 2002, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Michaelk,
the agent for Pirelli don't stock the yellow P-Zeros in the correct size and you need to wait 2-3 months for them to be ordered. hence it was only S-03s, Michelins, Yoks or Falkens since I pretty much shredded the old tyres. Some guys here run S-03s here and said they were not bad. At the present moment i don't have much of an impression, but they are better than the original S-01s.

Liked the P-Zero Rossos which I used to run on my previous car (E36 M3) but they weren't as good as the S-02s and were expensive as hell.

Since I have already got the S-03s I will run them for a while and if I don't like them than the yellow P-Zeros will be next.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it
Old Mar 19, 2002, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Claudius,

Noted. Should have communicated with you and Michaelk before getting new tyres. Oh well, the next tyre change won't be to long from now...