Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Wheel spacers?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2003, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel spacers?

This seems like a stupid question but just want to clear my mind of any last thoughts i have before i buy my new wheels...

The wheels i am looking to get require spacers for the wheel to clear the brembo brakes.
Is there anything wrong with this or should i find a wheel that does not require these spacers

TIA
Old Aug 16, 2003, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Depending on how thick these spacers are, you wont have enough stud sticking out to secure the wheels on with the lug nuts. Unless you change over to longer studs, I wouldn't recommend using any spacers over 1/4" thick.
Old Aug 16, 2003, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Hmm Ill have to check on the size to make sure... the shop im going through has a wheel guy they do their business with and he has an evo and told them that he has exactly what I need.. he has a EVO as well so i am asuming this guy knows what he is talking about... I just wanted to make sure that there is not any driving issues i need to worry about or anything like that.

Oh and if the spacers are the wrong size then he will just take the wheels back and get me another type of wheel for the same price (within reason).. This is a good shop they handle alot of quality stuff in this area from what im told
Old Aug 18, 2003, 06:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thin spacers, such as 3-5mm, won't cause any driveability or performance issues with the vehicle. Some of the wheels we carry for this vehicle require the use of a small spacer and we have not had any performance problems with them. Regardless of how thick it is, you want to make sure the correct lug hardware is used with the wheel. Having the proper lug hardware will ensure you receive proper engagement with the spacer.