Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire fell off rim

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Floyd is Pink
since when do tires falling off become something you should worry about? do they make "specially designed" tires that you can buy that won't fall off around a track?

point is, if you install tires on a rim, they shouldn't be falling off

So are you saying that if you had a blowout (after driving on them for 4 months), you would blame the tire shop also? You bought the tire used also......I mean cmon.

Dude, **** happens, and sometimes it will happen to you. The tire shop is not to blame. If they were at fault, the tires would have fallen off about 4 months ago, or the day after you got them.

Don't even bother going to the tire shop to complain.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just went out and looked at the tire...it looks like there's a huge nail in it. this is a run-flat but it's also a thick *** nail...maybe this got in there, lost pressure, and the tire slipped off?

what should i do at this point?
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:46 PM

like i said certain situations and **** happens.
time to look for a new rim and NEW tires
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

can anybody tell if the rim is repairable from the pics or no?
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can anybody tell if the rim is repairable from the pics or no?
It's definitely repairable. It may not have the same strength as new, but it will look good.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
It's definitely repairable. It may not have the same strength as new, but it will look good.
how much does it generally cost to have it repaired? and will i have to worry about it failing on me? these are just daily driven rims and i have a set of dedicated track rims
Old Jun 29, 2009, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

It will be different. I know that I had a bad rim that they actually had to add material onto to fix, only in one location though, and it cost me $200 to fix/strip/re-powder coat. That is in WA.

I'm not sure from the pics but it looks like it is fairly uniform damage, which I think should be easy. They should not fail on you after repaired and if they do I would definitely follow-up with whichever shop thought they were good enough to go back out on the road.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

just went out and looked at the tire...it looks like there's a huge nail in it. this is a run-flat but it's also a thick *** nail...maybe this got in there, lost pressure, and the tire slipped off?

what should i do at this point?
Besides trying to repair/fi the rim and purchase NEW TIRE(S)

DO NOT EVER BUY TIRES WITH LESS THAN 75% TREAD IF YOU PLAN ON DD OR RACING. You were very lucky this was the only damage sustained.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

Omgosh, talk to ur insurance........
Old Jun 29, 2009, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

sorry, it sucks man, but it really doesnt sound like the shops fault. i'd be surprised if you got anything from em.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
odds are, if there is a nail in it...then what probubly happened is it lost alot of pressure, but being a run flat tire, thier sidewalls are stronger...but who knows how long the nail was in there... so odds are, you were running on the sidewall too long, and it gave out when you went around the turn and and like you said, it had been raining.. so rain probubly helped it slip right off......... i was in the tire business for 5 years...long enough to see some crazy **** happen...... so it doesnt suprise me at all..... the tire shop is 100% not responsible for what happened.. and you will be wasting your time trying to persue that the tire shop is at fault..becuase they arent.........

its very unfortunate that it happnee..those are gorgeous wheels... its a kick in the ***** to see one get damaged, especially knowing the cost of those bad boys.....but good luck with getting it repaired, i hope they tell you good news that it will look almost as good as new... those wheel repair guys can do some miracles!
Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FIRST, you spent all your money on expensive rims, and didn't save any for tires. WTF??

SECONDLY, the tire failing was not the shops fault. It's not rocket science to install and inflate a tire, it's basic. If it wasn't done right, you wouldn't have been able to drive out of there.

Good Luck.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

its your fault OP, not the shop. thas what you get for taking the cheap route..
Old Jun 30, 2009, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

Ummm mag blue rims aren't chela gl
Old Jun 30, 2009, 03:39 AM

From the pics, I think your tire used to have fix a flat in them. It's not very likely you get anything from a shop that sell USED tires. This kind of damage is normally covered by road hazard if you ever purchase them.

Like other said the chance of you getting anything is very slim, unless you get it from a big shop like goodyear or Just Tires. Since they tolerate and "value" bull**** more from customers.

Quick Reply: Tire fell off rim