Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Squeaky bushings......

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2009, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Squeaky bushings......

I recently purchased a car that has AMS rear trailing arm bushings along with the whiteline bump steer correction kit, roll center kit, and adjustable sway bars. This car makes all kinds of clunks and squeaks. I'm pretty sure that a dealer would immediately approve it for cash for clunkers if they heard it pulling in the lot. The previous owner said one of the clunks from the rear is coming from the sway bar links, easy enough, that can be fixed. What I'm concerned about is the horrendous squeaks. They sound like they are primarily coming from the trailing arm bushings. Anybody have any experience with these? Is it worth the noise to keep them in? Greasing them helps......for about a week.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm, a bit weird. I also have the delrin ams rear trailing arm bushings for about a month. No squeak.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

I have the AMS rear trailing arm bushings on my Evo, and they initially squeaked a bit, but now they are quiet. Haven't heard a peep out of them for the past couple of thousand miles. Have you tried contacting AMS to see if they have any thoughts/recommendations?

l8r)
Old Aug 12, 2009, 09:05 PM

My AMS trailing arm bushings are pretty squeaky when it gets hot, like over 100 degrees outside. Tried no grease, a few different kinds of grease, nothing has really worked long-term yet. That said I haven't asked AMS about it either.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by black95tt
I recently purchased a car that has AMS rear trailing arm bushings along with the whiteline bump steer correction kit, roll center kit, and adjustable sway bars. This car makes all kinds of clunks and squeaks. I'm pretty sure that a dealer would immediately approve it for cash for clunkers if they heard it pulling in the lot. The previous owner said one of the clunks from the rear is coming from the sway bar links, easy enough, that can be fixed. What I'm concerned about is the horrendous squeaks. They sound like they are primarily coming from the trailing arm bushings. Anybody have any experience with these? Is it worth the noise to keep them in? Greasing them helps......for about a week.
my money is on the bump steer kit. Mine arent lubed properly and they squeak like a *****!
Old Aug 13, 2009, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

^ Well how do you keep them "properly" lubed?
Old Aug 14, 2009, 11:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Caffeine Slug
My AMS trailing arm bushings are pretty squeaky when it gets hot, like over 100 degrees outside. Tried no grease, a few different kinds of grease, nothing has really worked long-term yet. That said I haven't asked AMS about it either.
+1 I ordered the whiteline trailing arm bushings and replaced the AMS bushings

No more squeeks!!
Old Sep 24, 2009, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fortune-Auto
+1 I ordered the whiteline trailing arm bushings and replaced the AMS bushings

No more squeeks!!
I have the Energy bushings and they seriously are embarrassingly loud when I'm driving anywhere. They are super sensitive. I was going to order the AMS ones but after reading this I just ordered the Whiteline bushings. Hopefully I'll have a quite ride.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Delrin AMS bushing make my car sound like its falling apart. It's completely embarrassing driving through a parking lot when it sounds like this. 1000 miles on them and it isn't any better. Really disappointed in them honestly. Now I have to take the arm back off and throw in a bunch of Prothane grease hoping it fixes it or I am selling them.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears
My Delrin AMS bushing make my car sound like its falling apart. It's completely embarrassing driving through a parking lot when it sounds like this. 1000 miles on them and it isn't any better. Really disappointed in them honestly. Now I have to take the arm back off and throw in a bunch of Prothane grease hoping it fixes it or I am selling them.
Did you grease them when installing them? Prothane looks like a good grease to use. I used something a little different. It's been holding up pretty good.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

when doing poly bushings I've had good luck with marine grade grease.