Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Normally I don't like adding weight to my car, but...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Normally I don't like adding weight to my car, but...

... I figured this would be for the best

I figure that we were able to squeeze enough power out of it for street tires, and a killer MPH is only good for so much. It's time to slap on some slicks and see how low we can get this ET on a stock turbo. The rotas and QTPs that we have require a 15mm spacer, so these wheel studs are an absolute must!

Like always, thanks Emery and everyone at STM for helping me out and helping to make this car what it is today!

BTW, it is also a very special day, because I passed inspection finally!!!

Woot!

--mark
Old Aug 21, 2009, 04:48 PM

Whoa. Those are the longest wheel studs I have ever seen...
Old Aug 21, 2009, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

holy ****, they are long
Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:15 PM

if u passed inspection its obviously a street car right? so why do slicks to see how fast it is? with my car i feel that how it performs on the track should be the same on the street. Why say i can run such and such time..... then someone offers u out an u say well i need to put on my slicks. or add race gas.

i went to atco one day and it was gto day or something cause there were about 50 of them. they were all laying on the ground changing tires, removing headlights for air flow, by passing the ac pulley and power steering pulley and taking the interiors out. I pull up stage my car and blast off to a 11.3 on the first run on snow tires. then i run again and miss third, a gto pulls ahead by a few car lengths, i find third and right at the traps i pass him. i ran an 11.7 and he ran a 11.8. after two runs i have all these gto guys coming up to me asking me what i have in that thing and i say just a turbo and some meth. in the next breath i tell them im running on snow tires and they all but fall over. so after 5 passes i say to my buddy wanna leave and we get in and leave. as im pulling out im looking at all these tools taking their cars apart to get faster #'s and think whats the point if it cant do it all the time. Its like wait!!! let me take the whole car apart and just run a frame and engine. Then we can race. WTF!!
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

15" wheels and bias-ply slicks are lighter, so not only do I shave another 40 pounds of rotational mass off of my car, I will be able to cut wonderful 60' times since I currently roast my tires off.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mr-derer2
if u passed inspection its obviously a street car right? so why do slicks to see how fast it is? with my car i feel that how it performs on the track should be the same on the street. Why say i can run such and such time..... then someone offers u out an u say well i need to put on my slicks. or add race gas.

i went to atco one day and it was gto day or something cause there were about 50 of them. they were all laying on the ground changing tires, removing headlights for air flow, by passing the ac pulley and power steering pulley and taking the interiors out. I pull up stage my car and blast off to a 11.3 on the first run on snow tires. then i run again and miss third, a gto pulls ahead by a few car lengths, i find third and right at the traps i pass him. i ran an 11.7 and he ran a 11.8. after two runs i have all these gto guys coming up to me asking me what i have in that thing and i say just a turbo and some meth. in the next breath i tell them im running on snow tires and they all but fall over. so after 5 passes i say to my buddy wanna leave and we get in and leave. as im pulling out im looking at all these tools taking their cars apart to get faster #'s and think whats the point if it cant do it all the time. Its like wait!!! let me take the whole car apart and just run a frame and engine. Then we can race. WTF!!
LOL, I love those stories... what kinda mods did the GTO's have?

I kinda thought of stripping out my passenger seat in my EVO also on the track.... but think it would look cheesy
Old Aug 22, 2009, 11:44 AM

DAMN! longest studs ive ever seen!
Old Aug 22, 2009, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
LOL, I love those stories... what kinda mods did the GTO's have?

I kinda thought of stripping out my passenger seat in my EVO also on the track.... but think it would look cheesy
Back seat, rear seat belts, passenger seat, and my tools were 95 pounds of weight I pulled out for my last time at the track