Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Mullerized JIC's? Thoughts, opinions, feedback?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2009, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mullerized JIC's? Thoughts, opinions, feedback?

Currently i have a set of BC racing coils. i have only had them 6 months or so, but have already found that they arent that great when it comes to autox. i have a LOT of body roll, even when adjusting the stiffness setting.

Next year at autox is going to be VERY competetive. There is a pesky Evo X that beat my *** last year, so im trying to not let that happen again.

so i have been thinkin about a new setup, and saw the mullerized JIC's. I know Muller does some GREAT work, but wanted to see what you guys actually thought, and had used/trusted.

thanks!

p.s. other mods on my car are -
Whiteline rear sway
Whiteline bump steer kit (I HATE IT!!!! makes the car bouncy)
Whiteline Roll center kit.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
12k front / 16k rear - KW3s. Massive Hoosier A6s. Done.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

how massive of an a6 you think i can fit?
Old Dec 28, 2009, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by luckybull
Currently i have a set of BC racing coils. i have only had them 6 months or so, but have already found that they arent that great when it comes to autox. i have a LOT of body roll, even when adjusting the stiffness setting.

Next year at autox is going to be VERY competetive. There is a pesky Evo X that beat my *** last year, so im trying to not let that happen again.

so i have been thinkin about a new setup, and saw the mullerized JIC's. I know Muller does some GREAT work, but wanted to see what you guys actually thought, and had used/trusted.
I'm rocking Muellierized JIC's currently. I track my car heavily, but I've never even been to an Auto-X. Even with stock swaybars I was able to dial-in the car pretty quickly last year once I finally figured out how to drive! I got it to be VERY nuetral at my power level and got rid of nearly all of my understeer that plauges our cars. Depending on grip levels, 1-2 clicks on the rebound and I can induce some oversteer now. It's a lotta fun now!

how massive of an a6 you think i can fit?
For an VIII/IX - depending on rim size and offset you could fit 285's under the stock fenders. It'll take some work but I've seen it done and there's threads out there with details.
Beyond them, widebody kit, or winder fenders are needed.

Last edited by boomn29; Dec 28, 2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have run a couple of different Muellerized setups at the track and have had a lot of success. I cannot speak to the JIC's specifically, but I would not hesitate to recommend their services
Old Dec 28, 2009, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

after smike evo's post, i checked on the kw3's. the kw's are actually cheaper, and i have heard alot of good things about them.

dont know now! lol! all i know is i need a better coilover than the bc!
Old Dec 28, 2009, 03:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Whiteline bump steer kit (I HATE IT!!!! makes the car bouncy)
You sure that wasn't the BC's doing that?

We've run 12k/16k on KW's, and it's definitely pushing the valving at those rates. For your uses, it might not be the best choice.

I don't have any experience with Mueller's JICs. I'm not really a fan of standard JIC valving......his must be a lot better.

- Andrew
Old Dec 28, 2009, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
12/16 is definitely not off the shelf. And really, thats an AX spring rating. In the end, a correctly valved and setup KW is probably the same as the same setup JIC.

285s can fit, but lots of rolling and some hammering will be needed.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

hmm.. now its a toss up between the two. i know mullerized knows his stuff, so im kinda still leaning that way, as they will be already setup for me.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

after smike evo's post, i checked on the kw3's. the kw's are actually cheaper, and i have heard alot of good things about them.

dont know now! lol! all i know is i need a better coilover than the bc!
If you go with KW's, make sure to add up all the prices first. KW's usually don't come with camber plates or pillow-ball mounts - which means you usually have to add another maybe $500? or so.
I also wouldn't get the standard valving from what I've read. Notice SmikeEvo and Drew@GTWorx both mention custom valving those.

KW's usually go to people that want to tweak their setups continuously as they have a LOT of adjustment options. If you don't want that - and have raised your pricerange up around $3k - check out Ohlin DFV's.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 01:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 194 Likes on 115 Posts
I was also in the same situation as the OP. I had BC coilovers that worked fine (IMO) on street tires, but on R-comps, there was a lot of body roll even with a rear anti-sway...

I just picked up a set of Robispec'd KW3's with 8k F / 9k R springs. I'm really wondering if I should go with a higher spring rate before I get these installed. I'd still like to keep it somewhat streetable however, but I don't want much body roll during autox on r-comps. Otherwise it just seems to prematurely wear the outter edges, even with quite a bit of camber....
Old Dec 29, 2009, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I run muellerized stage 3 w/JICs car handles great.. pulled some quick times at Big Willow on some very worn and heat cycled RA1s.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What class are you racing in?
I'd vote skip JICs altogether, KW v3 at the minimum. I'm driving on JICs right now and raced STU on them for a season. Not Muellerized to MY specs, but they have been Muellerized before, and there is a limit to how much you can optimize, Muellerize, or fix JIC valving, even if you're Mueller.

Last edited by hokiruu; Dec 30, 2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

ill be in SM next year.

hmm.. not sure i want to dish out the 3k for kw's though.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Luckbull, PM sent. We may have just the solution for you.

Quick Reply: Mullerized JIC's? Thoughts, opinions, feedback?