Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Alignment

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment

Hey everyone,

So I brought my car in for an alignment today. There was nothing to suggest it really needed it, but I'm installing some RE11's next week, and wanted to check to make sure everything was within spec.

Like I said, the car was driving pretty well, the Advans are at the end of their life at 10k miles, and make lots of noise, but that's to be expected. The car feels sort of twitchy but I think that's to be expect on these tires at the end of their life.

However, on the way home the wheel seems to need to be about 10 degrees or so to the left for the car to track straight. If I put the wheel straight the car will slowly start to drift to the right. The car doesn't pull at all, the steering just seems to be off center.

Alignment specs, old and new :

OLD
LF
Camber : -.47
Caster : 4.07
Toe : .02

RF
Camber : -.56
Caster : 4.14
Toe : .04

LR
Camber : -.57
Toe : .03

RR
Camber : -.31
Toe : .07

NEW
LF
Camber : -.57
Caster : 4.07
Toe : .05

RF
Camber : -.45
Caster : 4.14
Toe : .04

LR
Camber : -1.15
Toe : .05

RR
Camber : -1.03
Toe : .06

Does anyone think these small changes would be enough to alter the steering enough to be noticeable? Maybe I'm being a perfectionist, but having the steering wheel off to an angle to go straight, even a small amount, just irritates me. In any case, I'm irritated I spent $100 for an alignment, and my wheel is no longer straight.

Should I bring the car back and get another alignment now, or should I wait two weeks until I get my new tires and see if they change the off-center behavior of the steering?

Any help/input is appreciated!