Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Apexi EXV N1 vs. BC Racing BR Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience with the BC's on my WRX was not positive. They bounced and trounced and 3 days after installation one started clunking internally and had to be replaced. The ride was god-awful with the higher spring rates I was running. They were also the inverted version.

From what I've read, at least Fortune Auto re-valves the shocks according to the spring rates, that and they offer a spring upgrade to a well-known and well-respected spring maker. I don't have personal experience on how well they hold up though.

Good luck, let us know what you go with and how well they work.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes fortune is prob the better bet. But you cant really compare the ride on a subaru compared to an evo. They have macpherson type suspension all around. Running high rates on those will break your back. LOL
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vehicle336
My experience with the BC's on my WRX was not positive. They bounced and trounced and 3 days after installation one started clunking internally and had to be replaced. The ride was god-awful with the higher spring rates I was running. They were also the inverted version.

From what I've read, at least Fortune Auto re-valves the shocks according to the spring rates, that and they offer a spring upgrade to a well-known and well-respected spring maker. I don't have personal experience on how well they hold up though.

Good luck, let us know what you go with and how well they work.
They offer upgrades to Swift springs.