Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Michelin PS2 stock size

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michelin PS2 stock size

Just installed these tires on my IX. They are quiet, ride smooth and have enough traction for a street driven Evo. The cabin noise is significantly quieter and the car is more fun to drive. I bought them from Belle tire and they had a great price. It was 754.00 installed, plus I got a 20.00 off for their credit card and a 70.00 credit from Michelin. Just need to quiet my exhaust and it will be even better.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Is this where I use: cool story bro?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Been a great tire so far. Nice to see an EVO owner with something other than the Z1's.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

well when it works it works. why change it if it aiint broken? Z1's are awesome tires for the evos. Neal, the Z1 is even on the tirerack TV commercial! haha.

was that your definition of a TR or a "review" ? if so, experiences in different types of driving and weather....what your previous tire was...your mods, driving style, (track dd autoX), etc.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Agree, just don't see a lot of EVO's with Michelin's. At least on my end....
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

I had the PS2's before I moved the to *Spec. Best street tire I've ever owned, best street tire for strictly street driving that is. Super quiet, ride is very comfy (due to a soft sidewall), great dry traction, excellent in the wet, and good treadwear. I would have bought another set if I hadn't started autoxing. The PS2 just didn't cut it when it came to needing extreme grip, other than that, loved them.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by grillpt
I had the PS2's before I moved the to *Spec. Best street tire I've ever owned, best street tire for strictly street driving that is. Super quiet, ride is very comfy (due to a soft sidewall), great dry traction, excellent in the wet, and good treadwear. I would have bought another set if I hadn't started autoxing. The PS2 just didn't cut it when it came to needing extreme grip, other than that, loved them.
how much performance did you give up between the star specs and ps2's?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Alot, the PS2's can't touch the dry grip of the Z1's. I don't have any exact numbers, but the difference is significant.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Alot, the PS2's can't touch the dry grip of the Z1's. I don't have any exact numbers, but the difference is significant.
hmmmm. im looking for a good daily driver tire for my wrx. the stock dunlop sp01's are horrible. they hydroplane very easy and just arent very good at anything. star specs are quiet enough for me, i would just like a little better wet traction over the star specs.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

"star specs are quiet enough for me" ?

is it just me or is anyone else's star specs loud as ish on the highway?

not a big deal bc its a compromise between everything you get, and the grip etc is worth it for me. wet traction...not bad...b-stones are better IMHO but not consider the $ difference.

lots of variables, only person who can decide which tire has the attributes you want, while not sacrificing in other areas you require, is you.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostedtres
"star specs are quiet enough for me" ?

is it just me or is anyone else's star specs loud as ish on the highway?

not a big deal bc its a compromise between everything you get, and the grip etc is worth it for me. wet traction...not bad...b-stones are better IMHO but not consider the $ difference.

lots of variables, only person who can decide which tire has the attributes you want, while not sacrificing in other areas you require, is you.
i wouldnt call them quiet by any stretch, but to me they arent all that loud.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by n2oiroc
hmmmm. im looking for a good daily driver tire for my wrx. the stock dunlop sp01's are horrible. they hydroplane very easy and just arent very good at anything. star specs are quiet enough for me, i would just like a little better wet traction over the star specs.
what are you looking to make the tire do? if it won't be tracked at all, I'm quite happy with continental extremecontact dws
Old Nov 21, 2011, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by llDemonll
what are you looking to make the tire do? if it won't be tracked at all, I'm quite happy with continental extremecontact dws
i had dws's on my old 09 impreza winter car. they were great in rain and snow, but i couldnt deal with the handling of them. i drive like a complete *** and need the grip of a max or extreme performance summer. i like everything about the star specs except wet and to a small degree the noise and ride. i think something like a pilot super sport, or ps2 would be a good compromise. maybe the conti dw if i get some feedback on handling compared to the sp01's im running.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

If you're looking for a good tire that's going to be strictly driven on the street the PS2 or the new Pilot SuperSport would be excellent options.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

If you're looking for a good tire that's going to be strictly driven on the street the PS2 or the new Pilot SuperSport would be excellent options.
suckers are expensive though.

Quick Reply: Michelin PS2 stock size