Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

ACD faults question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ACD faults question

Hello! I'm trying to run down a "three light ACD issue" on my IX. The good news is the pump power test is successful. I have three fault codes flashing when I short pins 1 and 4 and they correspond with FL wheel speed sensor, RR wheel speed sensor, and Wheel Speed Sensor System (my guess is this code is due to the other two and the "system" has failed). I believe the codes are 22, 23, and 26. So today I pulled both wheels off and cleaned up the area by the sensor protrusion and blew everything out, just as a first try. I unplugged the ACD ECU for 10 seconds and plugged it back in. Does anyone know if just unplugging it will clear the faults, or is a MutIII tool required to clear faults even after loss of power? In any event, my work today did not resolve the issue. My next move is to replace both sensors. The RR sensor has a bolt holding it in, but the FL sensor doesn't appear to have one. Since I don't care if I ruin the sensor when I remove it, can anyone confirm that the front sensors are not secured with a bolt, but are pressed in perhaps? Any help is much appreciated guys!

Todd
Old Jul 6, 2012, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

In case anyone has a similar issue and searches, here's a bit of a resolution at this point:

Oh the virtues of modern tuning tools and having the knowledge to use the ****ing things.

So I completed all my work, replaced the knuckles, sensors, blah blah blah. Probably sweated off ten pounds (and I needed it anyway) and invented at least three new words. Take 'er for a test drive... problem reappears, all three lights are on for the ACD system indicating a system fault. I thought ok, maybe the codes didn't reset. They actually hadn't, so I unplugged the battery. Dude at a garage near me told me to touch both + and - cables together after they are both unhooked and that will somehow clear sensory memory as well. I said ok, did that. Waited ten minutes, plugged it all back up, read the ACD codes... no codes! Yay, it's fixed!

Hop in, drive for .25 mile, bam, all three lights again. FML. Pull back into the garage, run codes, just getting one now, FL wheel speed (ABS) sensor. So, I start doing some reading and totally unbeknownst to me, my Tactrix cable and the newest build of EVOScan allows logging of ACD system parameters. Turns out FR, RL, RR sensors all have valid speed data. FL reports 0 at all times. Soooo, I would surmise that I've got a wiring issue between the sensor and ECU so I'm going to rewire that and hopefully have it all fixed.

The bad news is I may have just done a ****ton of work for nothing though, I know for a fact the FL ABS sensor I replaced was beyond fubar, and was held in place by RTV rather than a bolt, so that had to be fixed at the very least. So yea, that's been my day today. Finally got everything buttoned back up (but not rewired yet) and cracked a beer.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Rewired the sensor this morning and the problem is fixed. Oddly enough now that I have 4 working ABS sensors, my ABS light is on in the cluster so I have no idea why that is, but I really don't care at this point, lol.