Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Help! Abs keep kicking in

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Abs keep kicking in

Hi guys, Just want to collect some ideas for my ABS isuess since years.

I have a 03 evo8 gsr and got Abs kicking in at low speed within 40kpm, expecially when I turn right with brkaes. I can also heard the ABS ticking sound even I wasn't braking.

but the weird thing is I never have any codes and abs lights on, then I have to started to changing suspect parts to find out what casuing this issues such as, abs sensor, abs teeth, rotors, capliers, pads, coilovers, wheels, abs module, rack ends and G sensors, and wheels bearing were also been checked, but the problem still...

The workshop guys alomost run out of ideas..

hoping anyone would give me some more ideas of what it could be?

thank in advance.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's def a sensor/tone ring problem. I have it and couldn't find it for a while.
The ABS starts making noise when driving slow. my passengers were like whats that?? oh it's just my ABS activating,

I ohmed out all 4 sensors, okay. I checked all tone rings okay. Finally I got a scanner to read all sensors while moving. I found it was the right rear giving me the inaccurate reading as compared to the others.

Checked it once again and found that there was a hairline crack in the ring and the gap was just ever so slightly off.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks tech, but is there any ways to make the car sense which sense is reading low on its own? those scanner which can read ABS data is so expsensive.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No, sorry. Unless you get an ossiloscope and watch each sensor. That would be the cheaper alternative. Luckily since I work in the car dealer industry, most of the shops I have access to have the scanners. Sorry.