Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Steering quickener

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2013, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
The variable racks I don't think are THAT signifigant on the ratio change. I think the M3 is like 15:1 in the center and 13:1 some number of degrees off center. The EVO is quicker then the quickest part of the M3 rack.

Variable ratio is really just to cut down on the twitchiness of a fast rack. Keep both hands on the wheel and it's not really an issue. It's made for lazy bastards that want a sports car but don't want to pay attention while driving.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stop posting opinions and only post knowledge
the rs steering rack is quicker than the gsr and other models, but you cant buy a rs steering rack anywhere
you can tell a big difference between the two and it makes the car feel more like a go cart
Old Apr 21, 2019, 07:36 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
My car goes where the top of the wheel is pointed. That feels most natural to me, after driving my other cars, as well as friends. Mine is the quickest with exception of my friend's atom. I've never driven it at higher speeds, so I'm not sure how stable it feels.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 269 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by sinnerfc
the rs steering rack is quicker than the gsr and other models, but you cant buy a rs steering rack anywhere
you can tell a big difference between the two and it makes the car feel more like a go cart
this is interesting because I did hear this before.. However, I do have a E9 GSr rack and a E9 RS rack (the one used on rally cars) and ratios are identical..... EUDM models though..
Old May 2, 2019, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I believe that is true for Evo 6 and possibly earlier. Evo 9 has to my knowledge same rack for GSR and RS.

Originally Posted by sinnerfc