Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Rebound settings

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
not really. been running 8k/10k springs whiteline 26mm front and whiteline adjustable 26mm rear on the softest setting. Its neutral to understeer, but i can get it to loosen up within 3 clicks of rebound of where i normally run (ohlins).

the FA's should have rear helper springs, but i dunno how much droop they have. i have never lifted my inside rear.
im so new to suspension and how it all comes together. Im trying to have traction, which is what evos are known for but also no understeer. Ill have to do more reading.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 05:55 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
not really. been running 8k/10k springs whiteline 26mm front and whiteline adjustable 26mm rear on the softest setting. Its neutral to understeer, but i can get it to loosen up within 3 clicks of rebound of where i normally run (ohlins).

the FA's should have rear helper springs, but i dunno how much droop they have. i have never lifted my inside rear.
The research Ive done says the above set up is not what you want (Ive spoken to the experts as well as other track EVO owners). The FSB upgrade is not correct & the rear bar diameter is not needed (for me) (topic already covered in the FSB thread)

My springs are 10K/12K & run my rear bar at the Mid set. Mr. Viegas was planning on running the 27mm bar. My stock FSB is tuned via adj end link which was recommended by RobiSpec

Just my opinion based on personal research
Old Sep 20, 2014, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
The research Ive done says the above set up is not what you want (Ive spoken to the experts as well as other track EVO owners). The FSB upgrade is not correct & the rear bar diameter is not needed (for me) (topic already covered in the FSB thread)

My springs are 10K/12K & run my rear bar at the Mid set. Mr. Viegas was planning on running the 27mm bar. My stock FSB is tuned via adj end link which was recommended by RobiSpec

Im trying to gather as much as possible. I appreciate all the feedback. I literally assumed the thickest rear bar would be the best for some reason. My research has pointed me into a direction of running a 24mm rear/ 26mm front.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious

i know, im not saying your setup is wrong just that your assumption about the other setup is. but your statement about the 27mm is probably correct. theres always going to be multiple ways to setup the car to get the same result. oddly, a lot of east coast guys run both bars from what i know.

i still dont have enough roll stiffness either...