Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

RSR Ti2000 Springs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2004, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
RSR Ti2000 Springs

I believe I am the first to try these springs. I know that this is the first set that Gruppe-S has sold. My camera was dead when I got the springs so I couldn’t get a picture before putting them on. They weigh more than the stock spring but are reportedly (RSR) 25% lighter then normal lowering springs due to the Titanium alloy used.
The spring rates are quite stiff at 5k up front and 6k in the rear. So far in driving the car it is still close to the stock ride. A little harsher (obviously) but the high dampening rate of the struts is able to handle the stiff spring. Overall handling effect is a little hard to judge until it is aligned properly because I can tell it’s out after the shunt in the snow and the spring change.

For anyone that is going to install springs. With two people it is not necessary to use a spring compressor as long as once person with moderate strength and weight holds down the top plate while the other removes the strut bolt. The stock spring in the front only has 2 coils to grab on once side so it’s a pain in the *** to put the compressor on.
The note positions of the top plates when removing and on the front you need to re-align the hole on the top plate with the one on the strut body at the bottom. In the rear you just need to make sure you seat the top part of the spring in the pad. The top plate in the rear can be twisted to realign it for the body after it is assembled.

When I took the pictures I didn’t realize the tires wouldn’t show. If anyone is interested in this spring and wants me to get better shots of the fender gap, let me know.
Thanks again to Gruppe-S for getting me the springs and the great customer service.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice
Old Mar 15, 2004, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

I thought that they were a progressive rate spring. Not a static rate spring. Static rate would go along with your 5k? or do you mean 500 lb? spring rate. 500/600 seems very high for a street application. You say that its not rough though? The stock struts must be pretty stout.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 10:08 AM

wow! looks nice!
Old Mar 23, 2004, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by JoeWalker4G63
I thought that they were a progressive rate spring. Not a static rate spring. Static rate would go along with your 5k? or do you mean 500 lb? spring rate. 500/600 seems very high for a street application. You say that its not rough though? The stock struts must be pretty stout.
They are progressive, they are still advertised at that rate which is probably thier stiff rate not the start rate. The rates in in this thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=66296
The stock struts are have a lot of high speed dampening. The ride is a little stiffer/harsher but has not changed dramatically. I haven't really flogged it to see how the weight transfer is in a corner.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by djkojione
wow! looks nice!
Thanks!
I can't wait to get the wheels on it.
I ended up with 1.5* of camber on both sides with the bolts set at 1.0* so I am putting camber plates on it so I can lessen that.
I don't want to trash the insides of the tires.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe mach v has had these springs on their evo for a little while now.

how much did you buy the springs for? any rubbing? bottoming out?
Old Mar 23, 2004, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by hueman
I believe mach v has had these springs on their evo for a little while now.
Yep. We use them and sell them.

RS-R Ti2000 springs.

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Old Apr 7, 2004, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

this thread is back from the dead!!!

any updates from timzcat or dan??? how's the performance? would you recommend them for a daily driver?

thanks
greg
Old Apr 10, 2004, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Tak555
how's the performance? would you recommend them for a daily driver?
I can't say yet about cornering limits, but I'm going to VIR for the Audi Club thing late this month, so I'll have more data after that. As for daily driving, if you can tolerate the Evo's stock ride for daily use, this should also be fine. I don't find it much different on city streets. It's got a tiny bit more jounce on the freeway, but it feels barely different than stock under most conditions.

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com

Last edited by Mach V Dan; Apr 10, 2004 at 01:37 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2004, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

I've had these on my car for a while now. I got them from prostreetonline.com for a good price.

I think I'm the original with these springs, but I'm not going to keep them on. Just like any spring, they are just that - a spring.

I'm going with a JIC full coilover system for the best handling.

Here is my original post:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=62803
Old Jan 21, 2005, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

any updates on the performance review? i'd like to replace my eibach spring. thanks in advance.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

any updates on performance
Old Nov 8, 2006, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, this thread will not die!

I really like these springs for both street and track. I ran them at our Third Annual Track Day at Summit Point in September, and the car handled great.

I also ran Cusco camber plates in front, Cusco sway bars front and rear, and Kumho V710 tires. The car had crazy amounts of grip!

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com

Quick Reply: RSR Ti2000 Springs