Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Post Winter/Pothole/CrosswalkSignBase Collision Alignment Questions (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2015, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Winter/Pothole/CrosswalkSignBase Collision Alignment Questions (PICS)

Like a dummy I drove my car all through the winter, through to the end when the roads had become really bad.

1. I hit one pothole so hard with the right front wheel at 45 MPH or so, that it knocked my WIPERS on!
2. While understeering a corner in the snow I managed to bounce my right front wheel off the curb at very slow speed, (no appreciable change/problem immediately following)
3. I also managed to drive over the base of one of these dividers with the left front wheel at around 35 MPH, the one I hit is a lot higher than the one pictured:

I hit it so hard it hurt my wrist and nearly gave me a heart attack.

After all that I put my summer tires on and got an alignment:

EvoAlignment008 by wjamyers, on Flickr

I think this is not bad for a DD, but I cannot help but feel that something is wrong with my front end, that I hear more clunks than I used to and I think the fact that the right front camber is less negative than the left indicates that I may have damaged it by pushing the bottom in bouncing off that curb.

Am running GTWorx/Bilstein HD with Stock Wheels and 245/40ZR-17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport XL

Thoughts? Advice?

Last edited by wjamyers; May 16, 2015 at 12:02 PM.
Old May 16, 2015, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Definitely address the front camber!
Old May 18, 2015, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For one, most people who do alignments at firestones are idiots. They only adjust until they see a green light come on saying its in their "spec".

You need to tell them to match the left and right camber. I would go for -1.5 both sides up front and -1.0 in the rear. Would also ask to dial out all toe to 0 all around. Obviously you cant adjust caster.