Interest Thread For Billet Rear Trailing Arms - Page 2 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interest Thread For Billet Rear Trailing Arms

Old Jul 20, 2018, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Yup I've got you down! I'm anticipating about a month of testing the prototypes before the first run of them are made. Dallas has been very busy with other projects (and his life) so this has slowed down a bit. Doesn't bother me as I'd rather it not be a rushed project.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

So shiny!

Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:53 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Looks super beefy, just like fronts. Awesome for sure
Old Jul 23, 2018, 01:23 PM
kaj
Evolved Member

Please take orders before I spend my money LOL. Hey, Dallas.. package deal with these and your uprights??
Old Jul 23, 2018, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

The insider secret to my parts, once you buy uprights you get 10% off everything else. If you buy uprights and control arms or now trailing arms, its just 10% off everything.

I do plan on doing a bigger batch later towards winter of uprights and control arms and doing like a special discounted bundle. Thinking something along the lines of 20% off kit and bright dipped anodized a dark grey. But will be a kit and wont separate that bundle.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 01:40 PM
kaj
Evolved Member

Will you be at Crow's on the 4th? If so, I wouldn't mind having a quick convo about it, if you have time. Especially if they would on your car and I can drool over them, a bit.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Nope, only get to do crows once a year (its a 1300mi round trip). Will be at Nats this year though dont know if I'll have a set for myself done by then. I unfortunately only get to have the scrap parts so I can sell the good stuff. And Im behind on making control arms so that means little time for special SM projects.

Will be Austin doing the job of trying to break a set first. Have the blocks to make two more sets here, just want to make sure no changes are needed first. I'll inevitably order material for like 10sets and just see how fast they go before the next 10 sets. The raw material is kinda spendy, so cant get myself to buried in stock.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 01:57 PM
kaj
Evolved Member

Makes sense. Sweet. I can't wait! So... if no rear arms yet.. then I can spend money, that I shouldn't, on uprights...
Old Jul 23, 2018, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Im pretty sure I have 2 sets of Evo Uprights, just need to check if they are 1.25 or 2". I think they're both 2" that I have left. Also have various Ohlins parts with a couple more batches for the flags that will get through the next anodizing steps.

I really need to get a webstore setup but working two jobs is killing me for time to complete those kinds of things.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Definitely be sure to advertise that deal for the uprights and control arms ahead of time. I know I would end up forcing myself to get a set and I know of a handful of other guys that would jump all over it as well.

As for the trailing arms I keep getting more and more interest but we'll see how many people have enough resolve to commit to buying a set once the testing is done. Even if half the people who have contacted me drop off an initial batch of 10 should be no issue to fill.

And thank you guys for the kind words and Dallas for squeezing this into his ever busy schedule!
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:18 PM
kaj
Evolved Member

I'll PM ya instead of cluttering up the thread with questions on information that is probably in the thread but I can't find.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:20 PM
kaj
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ayoustin View Post
Definitely be sure to advertise that deal for the uprights and control arms ahead of time. I know I would end up forcing myself to get a set and I know of a handful of other guys that would jump all over it as well.

As for the trailing arms I keep getting more and more interest but we'll see how many people have enough resolve to commit to buying a set once the testing is done. Even if half the people who have contacted me drop off an initial batch of 10 should be no issue to fill.

And thank you guys for the kind words and Dallas for squeezing this into his ever busy schedule!
The trailing arms are a no-brainer. They are a must-have for anyone wanting to run a decent tire without stressing about quarter panels. The uprights would be very, very cool too.. but I'm sure you will have plenty of us committing to the arms.
The Following User Says Thank You to kaj For This Useful Post:
ayoustin (Jul 23, 2018)
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Just posted to my insta an update on the arms. They're ready to send to Austin for making the a different spacer on the front bushings and a spacer for the ball joint post.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dallas J For This Useful Post:
ayoustin (Jul 24, 2018)
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:02 PM
kaj
Evolved Member

Those are dope. Do they come in Orange? Kidding. Sorta.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Those look great!

@ayoustin what wheel specs are you running to fit a 315 under the stock body?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interest Thread For Billet Rear Trailing Arms

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.