Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Girodisc (rear) clearance issue

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by KOOLER
OK, so I'm an idiot... Guys, when you buy used stuff make sure you really understand what to do

In a nutshell: what i see is NORMAL. Rear brake pads has to be trimmed with Girodisc 2 pcs rotors.

Here's what Girodisc guys replied:

--

Anton,

Hello and thank you for getting in touch, our rotors do require the pad backing plate to be machined or ground down to match the arc of the pad material so that it clears our rotor hat and hardware. We include a disclaimer/template with these rotors explaining what needs to be done, I have also attached it to this email in case you missed it in the rotor box. This is necessary because we can’t physically make the hat any smaller due to the size of the parking brake, we need a certain amount of space there for our hardware arrangement.

All of the pads that we sell, our Magic, S/S and the ST43 from Raybestos, all come machined from us so they are plug and play. Ferodo also has a shape that does not need to be modified.

Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!

Mike Owen
Girodisc Racing Brakes
3550 Meridian St. #6
Bellingham, WA 98225
Office: 360-306-3263 ext. 103
Fax: 360-306-3264

s
Great information. I was just thinking that 8081 pads (annulus i.e. pad depth 66mm) have so many choices while 8061 (annulus i.e. pad depth 48mm) have so few. Now I guess with pad cutting, this will be a non-issue now. I heard there is a saying in China that "stones from other hills may serve to polish the jade of this mountain," which sounds true here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...rake-pads.html