Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Coilover fluid leak

Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Coilover fluid leak

I just purchased a brand new set of Stance XR3 coilover set, it seems that the fluid line coming out of the external reservoir can got bent during shipping & some fluid had leaked out of the reservoir soaking the cardboard box. I wonder if I just could replace the oil line & refill the reservoir with fluid? Stance said to ship the coilover back to them, but that's easier said than done since I'm outside the US & shipping the coilover back would be logistically hard. I'd appreciate it if a suspension expert would describe what needs to be done in such case & the type & volume of oil to be used.

Thanks

Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:18 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Your best bet is to have Stance advise you if its possible to replace that line & refill the reservoir @EVOizmm

That reservoir is pressurized so there is a procedure to do that

One of our senior members runs these coilovers & I have tagged him on this thread. He's a busy Gent but Andy would
know for sure
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,321 Posts
That will need to go back to stance and have the line replaced. This isn't something you can do yourself due to the nitrogen pressure. I would give them a call, their customer service is pretty good.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
yup not much you can do but give one of the guys a call at TF-Works (Reinharte/Stance). I'm sure they will get that fixed up for you really quick.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
I'm inclined to agree with everyone else here - for best chances of restoration to 100%, Stance is likely the best bet. Getting a replacement line seems like the easy part. Refilling the canister could be more difficult. I imagine there could be some proprietary info that Stance is unwilling to provide to the public. So even if you had a local motorsports suspension expert attempt to recharge it, maybe it would be difficult for them as far as matching oil viscosity spec or other. I imagine it could be easier if you were overhauling all 4 of them. But it would suck to have 1 damper that performs differently from all the others.

I see you are in UAE, and understand that shipping to/from Stance could make this small job expensive. I do a lot of international parts sales at work. While shipping damage is inevitable, I'd like to think that the shipping carrier or the parts seller could help compensate you for the return shipping costs, depending on who's at fault.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:26 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
If they arrived damaged and you have proof (pics of them in the packaging, etc), they should pay for return shipping. Any time that's happened to me ,the vendor handled it.

Search this Thread