Fabricating chassis braces - Page 3 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabricating chassis braces

Old Jan 25, 2019, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Oh, and while I highly doubt many of these brace will actually effect lap times, what would be cool to see is some videos that show the movement before the brace is tightened.

A buddy of mine had a brace in the suby that sorta mimicked the Evo brace and people argued if it did anything. So he took this video with two of the bolts removed to show how much the chassis was flexing in an autox run. After that, everyone wanted the brace. I would certainly suggest figuring out how to do the same even though I know its tough being under the car. That would go a long way in validating the usefulness.

You may be able to simplify things by creating maybe a droop test with 3 corners on stands and measure the sag with each part added individually. And then maybe with adding each in order of effect from the first test.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dallas J For This Useful Post:
Abacus (Jan 25, 2019)
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:39 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Dallas J View Post
Oh, and while I highly doubt many of these brace will actually effect lap times, what would be cool to see is some videos that show the movement before the brace is tightened.
I agree, lap times wouldnt be significantly affected based on just adding a fender brace. This is certainly a body tuning brace that adds front end rigidity. May provide some slight front end feel?

Its just another small percentage increase in body tuning

Its a worth while addition IMO
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:27 AM
kaj
Evolved Member

I bought mine in an attempt to sharpen the handling a bit, based on the recommendation of a guy who seemed to know what he was talking about. And to ditch the strut tower brace, as I mentioned above.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J View Post

A buddy of mine had a brace in the suby that sorta mimicked the Evo brace and people argued if it did anything. So he took this video with two of the bolts removed to show how much the chassis was flexing in an autox run. After that, everyone wanted the brace. I would certainly suggest figuring out how to do the same even though I know its tough being under the car. That would go a long way in validating the usefulness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVR9TK0L1zU

You may be able to simplify things by creating maybe a droop test with 3 corners on stands and measure the sag with each part added individually. And then maybe with adding each in order of effect from the first test.
Very cool Dallas! Very cool!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys an update on this. I made 6 sets, 4 black and 2 white. I have 2 black sets left. Thought id give my evom brothers a heads up. They are $220 plus shipping and paypal fee. I guess maybe i shouldve made a new post.

Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

What happened to the under braces ?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

I'll take a set of the black fender braces if you still have them left. Message me with price shipped to 14610.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Oh i made some for my car but there was so much interest on these that i decided to make some to see what happens. People really showed their support. Im honored. I will be selling my center brace that i made and i may make a couple of the side arms. Some people showed interest in those. I may make more sets of the fender braces but it will be to order if theres enough interest in them.

Last edited by nor11384; Feb 12, 2019 at 10:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nor11384 For This Useful Post:
EVO196 (Feb 13, 2019)

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.