Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Racing brake rebuild, Hi temp boots?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Racing brake rebuild, Hi temp boots?

I’m going to order the parts to rebuild my calipers from racingbrake.com. The extra price for the hi temp boots doesn’t seem like much, is there a reason to not do the hi temp boots while I’m in there?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 05:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
It's a good option if you track the car. Just make sure you don't get brake fluid on them.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
It's a good option if you track the car. Just make sure you don't get brake fluid on them.
As of right now, I don’t plan on actual “Track” time, however when it gets drove in certain areas of the mountains it will get ran hard, and the price difference between the Hi temp and standard is negligible compared to the price of the kits anyway.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:57 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
If you don't mind paying extra, it won't hurt anything as long as you keep fluid off of them like Sean said. They really, really don't like brake fluid.
Standard dust boots last me about 3 track days. You thinking you will put more heat in them than that?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
If you don't mind paying extra, it won't hurt anything as long as you keep fluid off of them like Sean said. They really, really don't like brake fluid.
Standard dust boots last me about 3 track days. You thinking you will put more heat in them than that?
i don’t mind to pay the extra for a piece of mind, I’m hoping to throw these in and not have to mess with them for a bit.

Hopefully I can find someone to powder coat my calipers without splitting them.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:56 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
You can do what you want, I know its a cheap upgrade, but you asked if it was "needed". I don't think its needed, I 100% guarantee you are not getting the brakes nearly as hot on a mountain road as you would at the track. If you are, you need to seriously rethink how fast you're going on public roads and take your car to the track.
The following users liked this post:
lv05evo (Mar 8, 2019)