Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Looking for fitment advice for TE37s

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2020, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Do the front fenders need any work or just the rears?
Old Jul 28, 2020, 07:35 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
The fronts are much more forgiving than the rears. But, liner rub is almost always an issue. The tires will self clearance the plastic liner but some detailed trimming or heat gun work may be needed. My liners are almost all gone except for the top. Ive made my own liner to protect debris from being slung fwd. There is some electrical harnessing above the liners that will need protection so removing them fully is not recommended.
Some guys have used the front fender spacer kit to provide the extra room (not everyone is on board w/that as it leaves that serious door gap that some will question)

The following users liked this post:
Womb Raider (Jul 28, 2020)
Old Jul 28, 2020, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
The fronts are much more forgiving than the rears. But, liner rub is almost always an issue. The tires will self clearance the plastic liner but some detailed trimming or heat gun work may be needed. My liners are almost all gone except for the top. Ive made my own liner to protect debris from being slung fwd. There is some electrical harnessing above the liners that will need protection so removing them fully is not recommended.
Some guys have used the front fender spacer kit to provide the extra room (not everyone is on board w/that as it leaves that serious door gap that some will question)
Okay so when dealing with the fronts I can get away with it by trimming up the liner?
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Jul 28, 2020)
Old Jul 28, 2020, 07:45 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Yeah, but wait till you do the install as the rub is affected by tire width and ride height. The liner rub is most always at the steering lock positions

Wait & see where the rub is & if its serious, the heat gun or self clearancing may be the answer
Old Jul 29, 2020, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Yeah, but wait till you do the install as the rub is affected by tire width and ride height. The liner rub is most always at the steering lock positions

Wait & see where the rub is & if its serious, the heat gun or self clearancing may be the answer
Okay, thanks man. I’ll just wait until its all put on to work on fixing the liner. I’ll put some pics up when its done.