Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Moving front 4-pots to the back??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2001, 03:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving front 4-pots to the back??

Does anyone know if the front Brembo 4-pots can be moved to the back and used in conjunction with different discs? Theoretically it must be possible, but will they clear wheels like the superleggeras?
Old Nov 29, 2001, 08:48 AM

I asked Mov'it if it was possible, they said no, my idea was to put Mov'it in the front and use the fromt brembo for the rear. This is actually very difficult to achieve as the rear 4pot callipers use too much oil pressure so the pedal will drop to the floor while braking. THis however can be achieved by putting some pressure enhancer on the back, dunno all the techtalk, talk to Mov'it, or maybe Mike can answer this in detail.
Old Nov 29, 2001, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

I have to say that doesn't sound very valid with all due respect. Or is there any modification needed if you fit rear 4-pot AP's? I think not. What about the 4-pot Movits? I wouldn't think a pressure enhancer would be needed, but I'm not sure...
Old Nov 29, 2001, 09:19 AM

my mistake I was talking about the big 4pot callipers from the front and bring them to the back.
Old Nov 29, 2001, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

no, jan not your mistake, that's what I'm talking about too. Are the rear 4-pots that are available that much smaller than the Brembo front 4-pots? I find that hard to believe, maybe I have to talk to Guido myself...
Old Nov 29, 2001, 09:32 AM

It was Guido himself that told me that, give him a call.
Old Nov 29, 2001, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

I think it says on they're site that you can have a custom made logo on the calipers. I think I'll probably do it too when i get those babies. First the front, then the back.... How about "fück'it"?
Old Nov 29, 2001, 09:53 AM

not a bad idea, I'm going over there on the 15th, Claudius, if you're seriuos about Mov'it, why don't you come over also that date and see if Guido can do both of us at the same day.
Old Nov 29, 2001, 11:35 AM

Talking

Claudius, you need to put your food down when accelerating, you know that I hope , guarantees, I don't know but Guido did not give me any, however, I've enjoyed N.Ring (Gerrit) driving on the Ring and it definitely convinced me, no need for guarantees.

We don't repeat it enough, why don't you guys come to the Ring, I bet I can pass you on the outside even with my ****ty suspension .
Old Nov 29, 2001, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Guys

just think about mounting such a big calliper at the rear. This calliper will produce much higher braking forces than the backend can sustain. What happens is that the rear end will lock very easily as the rear gets unloaded under braking. So without ABS the car will try to spin with the ABS it will kick in too soon and no stopping power.

Claudius

warantee on brakes. You must be dreaming! If you're not convinced don't buy them.

Jan/Michael

good choice. I'm happy to see that people can overcome their prejudice and can appreciate a good, thoroughly developped product. You won't look back!

BTW I'll get my rear kit in spring. Can't wait. Hope I can improve my back till then as it looks a bit ****e. At least I don't have to sell my car due to the back problems.

Cheers

Mike
Old Nov 29, 2001, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry Mike, that didn't convince me. If that's true, then why upgrade the back at all? If that really is the problem with the front 4-pots there will be a way to adjust the pressure. How about a professional brake force distributor? I don't think they're too expensive....
Old Nov 29, 2001, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Michael

balance is the key. The brake force of the standard 4 pots is good but has those known sideeffects. Even when you upgrade the front with Movit/AP the brake force won't be much bigger than standard (I'm only talking about actual braking force!). But on the rear you would increase the braking force too much compared to the uprated front.

But try it with the brake force distributor. As Gerrit and me tried the Movit stuff. It's always at your own risk.

Cheers

Mike

Quick Reply: Moving front 4-pots to the back??