Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

NEW AEM EMS for the Evo VIII !!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2003, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW AEM EMS for the Evo VIII !!!!

DRC Imports is taking orders now for the mid - October release date of the Evo VIII EMS !! MSRP is $2123.28 but I will offer an introductory price of $1529 shipped !!!! I look forward to seeing some feedback !

Plug & Play Programmable EMS

AEM Plug & Play Engine Management System (EMS) will forever change the way you look at and perform fuel injection tuning! This user-programmable system plugs directly into a vehicleÃÔ factory ECU harness and requires no additional wiring or hardware.* Windows¡¦based software (2000, NT, 98, 95, ME) makes the task of copying, viewing and manipulating data as simple as a click of the mouse. User-defined templates are easily configurable and enable tuners to establish quick keys¡¦to any pertinent information during the tuning process.The AEM EMS infinitely adjustable software allows tuners to program virtually any combination of engine control, power adders and auxiliary devices, and accurately deliver proper amounts of fuel and correct ignition timing for ANY boost level or operating condition.

You can go here http://aempower.com/product_ems.asp to click on these links for further info on each feature
Installs in Minutes

Plug & Play Technology - No Wiring Necessary

Uses all the Factory Sensors

Fuel Table Automapping

Base Maps Included

Programmable Traction Control

Onboard 512kb Datalogger

10 Cyl Sequential Fuel Injection

16 General Purpose Outputs

7 Definable Switch Inputs

Electronic Boost Control

Soft Cut Rev Limiters

2 Step Launch Control

Wet or Dry Nitrous Control

Definable Knock Control

Full Idle Control

4 EGT Inputs w/Fuel Control

16/32 Hybrid High-Speed Processor
Attached Thumbnails NEW AEM EMS for the Evo VIII !!!!-aem-ems.jpg  

Last edited by DRC Imports; Oct 1, 2003 at 03:46 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:53 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Just out of curiousity, could you confirm whether they're shipping with AEM Pro v1.0 or AEM Pro v.94? Someone would probably ask anyway, so I figured I'd head that person off at the pass.

EDIT: And, Evo owners, if you have the choice, go with v0.94. Last I heard v1.0 was still very buggy.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:57 AM

how long is it going to be priced at $1,509. Interested but a little short on cash flow at the moment
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Will I be able to tune with a wideband 02? If so, you can have my $1509.00 ;-)
Old Sep 26, 2003, 11:04 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

AEM also sells a UEGO (wideband O2) that I'm guessing Dustin will probably sell as well. It uses a Bosch sensor (availability is questionable, but they have an approx 60,000mi duration). The EMS can use the 5v output or you can use the 1v output if you're so inclined. Yes, you can tune it with a WBO2. The EMS has an auto learn function as well which seems pretty cool, but I haven't gotten to use yet. When I pick up my car I should hopefully start playing around with running open loop auto mapping with a large margin of error, and after a lot of driving (and therefore avg calculations) I'll toy with running my car in closed loop mode.

I don't drive an Evo, but I'm fairly familiar with the EMS as far as capabilities go. I'm still very vague and shaky on specifics, but anyone who buys one should absolutely know about the AEM support forums (for electronic devices, not intakes or fuel rails).

http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/login.php

EDIT: The 1v signal is meant to mimic a narrowband sensor's output for stock ECU's.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Sep 26, 2003 at 11:08 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by HobieKopek
AEM also sells a UEGO (wideband O2) that I'm guessing Dustin will probably sell as well. It uses a Bosch sensor (availability is questionable, but they have an approx 60,000mi duration). The EMS can use the 5v output or you can use the 1v output if you're so inclined. Yes, you can tune it with a WBO2. The EMS has an auto learn function as well which seems pretty cool, but I haven't gotten to use yet. When I pick up my car I should hopefully start playing around with running open loop auto mapping with a large margin of error, and after a lot of driving (and therefore avg calculations) I'll toy with running my car in closed loop mode.

I don't drive an Evo, but I'm fairly familiar with the EMS as far as capabilities go. I'm still very vague and shaky on specifics, but anyone who buys one should absolutely know about the AEM support forums (for electronic devices, not intakes or fuel rails).

http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/login.php
Yeah , what he said ; p !! This is also available for the Lancer (non Evo) !! Just a tad cheaper I think. I will check it out and prolly post that model later.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Those support forums found on AEM's site CAN be very helpful !
Old Sep 26, 2003, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 4G63>OOOO
Will I be able to tune with a wideband 02? If so, you can have my $1509.00 ;-)
Yes you can , very versatile computer ! If you would like to order , give me a call (920) 723-1978
Old Sep 26, 2003, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone interested on this cold Wisconsin Friday night ?
Old Sep 27, 2003, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't quote AEM's release dates.
Anyways, I can vouch for him that they are very good. AEM has two packages for wideband; dual or single channel; including sensors. I am running my EVO on a single channel wideband with the AEM EMS and I have been very impressed with it; especially for the cost. WB is extra, I am sure.
BTW, you can get any version of the software from the website but I am using V1.0 with no problems.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com
Old Sep 27, 2003, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is the V1.0 and will be released mid October, and I should have the first one. Thanks Joji !!!!
Old Sep 28, 2003, 04:15 PM
In Timeout

The Autronic EVO VIII is tested and will be in stock in 7 days. We are now taking pre-orders. 1599.00
Can you say hi-jack?
Old Oct 1, 2003, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 5StarSuzuki

Can you say hi-jack?
You really. Who cares ? This thread is about AEM EMS for the VIII so go away !
Old Oct 9, 2003, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Bump