Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

CLear Film protection for your EVO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2003, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation CLear Film protection for your EVO

XXTuning is offering a sale on our Clear Film protection packages. This film is some of the most technologically advanced ever made, and is practically invisible. We install this film in house or have it delivered to your door at very reasonable prices. The film is guaranteed against "Yellowing", cracking, fading, peeling (if installed correctly).

Shipping is to lower 48 only, outside of US additional charges apply.

Pricing is as follows:

Hood, Fender and Mirror kit
Retail: $159.95
Our price:$109 Shipped
Our price:$249 Installed

Bumper kit
Retail:$309.95
Our Price:$229 Shipped
Our price:$379 Installed

Headlight Protection
Retail$59.99
Our Price:$49.95 Shipped
Our price:$89.95 Installed

Door Edge Guard kit
Retail:$4.95
Our Price:$4 Shipped
Our price:$10 Installed

Last edited by XX Tuning; Dec 11, 2003 at 07:47 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 07:55 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Is this 3M brand? If not, what is it? Also, are you part of a dealer network with installers in other states? I guess I could have a go at doing it myself but it's a pretty expensive item of trash if I fail.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 08:03 AM

Originally posted by UFO
Is this 3M brand? If not, what is it? Also, are you part of a dealer network with installers in other states? I guess I could have a go at doing it myself but it's a pretty expensive item of trash if I fail.
Yea I hear ya. We send pretty good instructions with the kits. Our film products are Avery or 3M. Averys film is much thinner than 3M's and the customers seem to like it much better.

I see you live in the Houston area, I'm not too sure of any installers out there. Maybe do a search on Xpel's site?

Last edited by XX Tuning; Dec 11, 2003 at 08:52 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 03:52 PM

Do I get a choice between the 3M and the Avery film? How much thinner/thicker is one than the other, and wouldn't the thicker 3M film offer better protection? I definitely want to get the headlight protection to start, and probably the whole set up since Colorado winters are notoriously hard on the front end of cars.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

i would be interested in the door edge...is this for like the back area where i keep getting those stupid chips on the back right after the passenger doors on those edges...those **** me off...the ones in front dont really bother me too much, cuz they happen, but there arent many..
Old Dec 28, 2003, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Any pics of it installed?
Old Dec 28, 2003, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Is mine installed correct?
Attached Thumbnails CLear Film protection for your EVO-left-side-hood.jpg  
Old Dec 28, 2003, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Attached Thumbnails CLear Film protection for your EVO-test-2.jpg  
Old Dec 28, 2003, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

I've posted these pics before.
Attached Thumbnails CLear Film protection for your EVO-center.jpg  
Old Dec 29, 2003, 10:09 AM

Originally posted by bigmac
Do I get a choice between the 3M and the Avery film? How much thinner/thicker is one than the other, and wouldn't the thicker 3M film offer better protection? I definitely want to get the headlight protection to start, and probably the whole set up since Colorado winters are notoriously hard on the front end of cars.
You have the choice, but I HIGHLY suggest the Avery denison. It's the film we use on all our cars including the Ferrari F50 that left our shop 2 weeks ago

We install the Avery because it works, installs and is just overall a better product then the 3M.

- Let me know
Old Dec 30, 2003, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

FYI - My experience

FYI - You may want to have someone with experience install this.

I took my black EVO to a shop (Classic Appreciation) in town that specializes in detailing and applying these products to Porches and BMW's and they would NOT touch my car. They said it would be too hard, take two days and still come out like ****....

I tracked down a guy who travels to Ferreri dealerships around the country to do this work who finally agreed to put this on for me. It took him a day and a half. THIS IS ALL HE DOES FOR A LIVING and it took him this long.

In all fairness, black is the hardest color to work on, and I did get extra parts covered - rockers....but this may not be an easy do it yourself project....

just my .02