Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

Borla Exhuast manifold. *pics*

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2004, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have to clean up those welds in the maniforld where they connect to the head. Nothing that can't be fixed with a Dremel. Looks like my grandma made those welds...
Old Aug 4, 2004, 07:14 AM

How bad is the install on this? I have this manifold, but it is sitting in my hallway right now waiting for my full exhaust to arrive. Is this professional only, of just a pain in the neck?
Old Aug 4, 2004, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

The Borla will glow red when it gets hot, mine does. The coating does dull but still looks OK. The welds aren't great but not bad. The install is a ***** due to the difficulty of getting to the mounting nuts in the rear two holes. Has a great warranty. Mine fits fine, although some people have had issues with leaking. Adds a nice tone to the exhaust, tends to add midrange and high end performance, also leans the a/f a bit.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 08:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by simevo
Can you see it glow red hot at night through the vent holes on the hood.

haha thats what i was thinking
Old Aug 5, 2004, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How are under hood temps w/ this manifold compared to stock? I would imagine it to be quite a bit hotter, even w/ the ceramic coat, since there is no heat shield.

This header does look pretty sweet. The welds look okay. They're not as beautiful as TIG welds, but as long as the manifold does not crack over time, that's all that matters.
Old Aug 5, 2004, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

It is a little bit hotter under the hood. I have a VIS cf hood and have had zero issues with this in the 90 degree weather we have been having in MD.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:01 AM
Former Sponsor

still got some left. bump
Old Aug 23, 2004, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

just installed one tonight, changes sound completely, if you have like a turboback with no cat or whatever u notice you proabbly have that brutey growl when u accelerate, it takes alot of it away and makes it way more high pitched, sounds more hyper or somthing now lol. i like it just took a bit to get used to.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by EVO8 WHOA
just installed one tonight, changes sound completely, if you have like a turboback with no cat or whatever u notice you proabbly have that brutey growl when u accelerate, it takes alot of it away and makes it way more high pitched, sounds more hyper or somthing now lol. i like it just took a bit to get used to.
What did the butt dyno say?
Old Aug 26, 2004, 03:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
I don't put much faith in butt dynos, so what I would like to see is simple and straightforward:

(1) A list of mods for the subject car - preferrably a good, full exhaust setup, with boost control and a means of altering the WOT A/F.

(2) A 'before' dyno run on the car, which should already have optimized A/F tuning

(3) An 'after' dyno run after the A/F has been corrected to match the run in (2).

This would give us all a clear cut idea of what to expect from this mod, as I have found very little in the way of solid info on the performance advantages (if any) of aftermarket headers for this car. I would also like to know if this header has any affect on spool time - for better or worse.