Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Dom2 on pump+meth = 200WHP over stock!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2009, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I think 8000 rpm limit seems to be fine assuming no knock on a solid tune. So as a summary:

~ 375 whp safe Pump Gas tune
~ 395 whp aggressive Pump Gas tune
~ 420 whp with Meth

Boost levels were 28 psi tapering to 24 psi?

Have you guys tried to remove some of the taper yet and what WGA are you using? At 4000 RPM I'm getting 26.5 psi tapering to 25 psi by 7000, then it tapers to 23 psi by 8000 even though it continues to build HP in that range. I'm still going to test preloading the Forge WGA with 4-5 turns and see if the minimum boost goes up and reduces my top end taper at all.

Nice results, and it should only get better with FMIC and Cams!
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The wastegate actuator i useing came with the dominator turbo from buschur at 29psi it drops to 25psi by 8k but power still keeps going while the boost drops off.Hiboost how did that intake manifold work for you?
Old Aug 2, 2009, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbo06evo
The wastegate actuator i useing came with the dominator turbo from buschur at 29psi it drops to 25psi by 8k but power still keeps going while the boost drops off.Hiboost how did that intake manifold work for you?
My friend went on vacation so he will finish the intake manifold experiment when he gets back. I've got some solid baseline numbers now so we should see a good before and after. Then I can tune it a bit and dial in mivec a bit more for max power. I may also test a 100 octane unleaded tune for fun. I'm still leaning towards cosworth cams after seeing the great results that Buschur had with improving low end torque as well as top end horsepower. I'm concerned that the Kelford stage 2's wouldn't increase the top end enough to warrant the loss down low, or off boost for that matter.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 09:03 AM

On the following Setup:
Dominator2
ETS O2Housing/Downpipe
Invidia Q300
Hi Flow Race Cat
FIC 950 Injectors
Cosworth MX1 Cams
Walbro Pump
WORKS tuning

I hit 450WHP / 360Tq on E85. Would have made more but the car was running out of fuel.

Car hits 20psi by 3000, 27.5psi by 4500.

Feels a little laggy on the road but not too bad. Will see if I can post some graphs later.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 04:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
thats pretty decent results... what dyno?
Old Aug 3, 2009, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tephra
thats pretty decent results... what dyno?
I'll assume it was the same dyno Todd(tmarcel) used to tune mine, it was a dyno dynamics. i need to road trip back down there and see what i'll do running 6 more lbs of boost =) remote tune updates are win
Old Aug 3, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fast_bloke
On the following Setup:
Dominator2
ETS O2Housing/Downpipe
Invidia Q300
Hi Flow Race Cat
FIC 950 Injectors
Cosworth MX1 Cams
Walbro Pump
WORKS tuning

I hit 450WHP / 360Tq on E85. Would have made more but the car was running out of fuel.

Car hits 20psi by 3000, 27.5psi by 4500.

Feels a little laggy on the road but not too bad. Will see if I can post some graphs later.
Hey, you forgot the AGP intercooler.

This was on a dynapack dyno.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 07:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hiboost
My friend went on vacation so he will finish the intake manifold experiment when he gets back. I've got some solid baseline numbers now so we should see a good before and after. Then I can tune it a bit and dial in mivec a bit more for max power. I may also test a 100 octane unleaded tune for fun. I'm still leaning towards cosworth cams after seeing the great results that Buschur had with improving low end torque as well as top end horsepower. I'm concerned that the Kelford stage 2's wouldn't increase the top end enough to warrant the loss down low, or off boost for that matter.
We are making peak torque at 3,800rpm on a stock 10 turbo at 32 psi with the kelford stage 2 cams+full bolt-ons. 93 Octane. (4th gear pull)

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ock-turbo.html

I am not sure how much lag would be added with your setup though...
Old Aug 4, 2009, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DG Motors
We are making peak torque at 3,800rpm on a stock 10 turbo at 32 psi with the kelford stage 2 cams+full bolt-ons. 93 Octane. (4th gear pull)

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ock-turbo.html

I am not sure how much lag would be added with your setup though...
I'm still amazed at that stock turbo setup on those cams! It's so hard to compare cams on cars without only changing one variable. Nobody wants to install cosworth cams on a Dom2/ FP red car, run multiple dyno tests and tune them... then rip them out and install stage 2 Kelfords and see how they compare. That's just way too much work!

For pump gas it appears the Dom2 is the best bet for most people and it takes well to basic bolt on mods or a car with the works done to it.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 09:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hiboost
I'm still amazed at that stock turbo setup on those cams! It's so hard to compare cams on cars without only changing one variable. Nobody wants to install cosworth cams on a Dom2/ FP red car, run multiple dyno tests and tune them... then rip them out and install stage 2 Kelfords and see how they compare. That's just way too much work!

For pump gas it appears the Dom2 is the best bet for most people and it takes well to basic bolt on mods or a car with the works done to it.
I would sponsor a car with cheap labor to do this test back to back if I had a donor car and the cams. free tuning and dyno time as well.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Hell if you guys werent so far away I would let you use my car.

I would sponsor a car with cheap labor to do this test back to back if I had a donor car and the cams. free tuning and dyno time as well.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 09:36 AM
Account Disabled

good numbers!!!

ASAPPerformance
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Oh my god that is tempting, I am most likely going to go Dom 2 eventually, I wonderif Blouch will upgrade the Dom's like the Subaru's
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Guys, I realize this thread is from August, but felt compelled to post now that we are an official vendor/sponsor of EvoM now. I wasn't able to post previously about the car but if there are any questions I am happy to help now. This thread had a lot of interest before.

Just let us know.

Todd
Old Jan 29, 2010, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ya well i think i got a defected Dom 2 i mean it makes great power but it surgs really bad a low to mid rpms for 3rd 4th and 5th gear and its soo annoying. If cams dont fix it think i am throwing this turbo in the trash and getting something else

Quick Reply: Dom2 on pump+meth = 200WHP over stock!