Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

EVO X MR FP Red AMS 422 whp, 368 wtq

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2009, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO X MR FP Red AMS 422 whp, 368 wtq

I had my FP Red installed at AMS and tuned. The MR trans is really holding back the car. We ran it on E-85, with an AMS inline pump, 1000cc injectors. We tried to tune it for 31 lbs but had to leave it ar 29 lbs holding at 27lbs. Chris Black did a great job tuning the car keeping a perfect torque line at 368lb and 422 whp. Any thing above anf the TCU shut down the power. Daily the car feels slower at low rpms but hammer it and it the cars shifts smooth, and moves out at high rpms on the highway. AS soon as someone can figure out how to tune the TCU , I will upgrade the trans, at stage 2 cams and run more boost. The FP RED really wakes up at high rpms and higher boost. I did try the launch control.... first time I have ever seen that yellow "slow down" but it did not happen until I hit second gear
Thanks to Chris and Dan from AMS for all the great work, time and advice. I will keep you up to dated of when the trans blows
I have every bolt on AMS makes for the EVO X MR... never one problem
Attached Thumbnails EVO X MR FP Red AMS 422 whp, 368 wtq-joevida-e85-fpred-mr.jpg  
Old Nov 2, 2009, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Very nice. As long as your happy then its all good!
Old Nov 2, 2009, 01:07 PM

Thanks ,,, I appreciate that... wish I would have bought a GSR now. If they do not have all this figued out woth the TCU and trans by summer, I may get rid of it by a GSR and have AMS swap the parts. Then I know my wife finally drove me crazy
Old Nov 2, 2009, 01:08 PM
Account Disabled

copy and paste from the other forum fail
Old Nov 2, 2009, 01:08 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stock block?

I had 450 WHP on my red setup on my IX. It was sick on the street! LOL

The IX red was a bit slower during spool up but I was hitting 26 PSI peak boost and holding 23-24 PSI @ 8000+ RPMs.

Enjoy the ride! My RA is going to 350 WHP ATM.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 02:05 PM

350 whp Ralliart... NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! total sleeper catch those V8s off guard
Old Nov 2, 2009, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

This is good news. You should browse by the SST forums there are a lot of knowledgeable people on there, and there are a bunch of things currently in the works for upgrading the SST, both mechanical and computer.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 06:30 PM
Account Disabled

nice power in a mr
Old Nov 5, 2009, 05:50 AM

those are some nice numbers for an mr and a red
Old Dec 4, 2009, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Looking awesome. I'm happy for you buddy! Still gotta see you at the track lol
Old Dec 11, 2009, 02:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boost MR
Thanks ,,, I appreciate that... wish I would have bought a GSR now. If they do not have all this figued out woth the TCU and trans by summer, I may get rid of it by a GSR and have AMS swap the parts. Then I know my wife finally drove me crazy
Wait few month ! We are developing a new software for the SST here in Germany with few Engineers from the DTM and Getrag. Also will there be a solution in the future to strengh the factory internals we a special heat procedure.

HKS run the MR with there Turbo Kit in 59,495 @ Tsukuba with stock SST and SST Software.

TIC in Germany did a racing software so far for raceapplication and drove the famous 24H Nurburgring without any damage. 2000miles within 24h on one of the hardes racetrack in the world and no problems

The SST is better as his call

Peter
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Peter10654
Wait few month ! We are developing a new software for the SST here in Germany with few Engineers from the DTM and Getrag. Also will there be a solution in the future to strengh the factory internals we a special heat procedure.

HKS run the MR with there Turbo Kit in 59,495 @ Tsukuba with stock SST and SST Software.

TIC in Germany did a racing software so far for raceapplication and drove the famous 24H Nurburgring without any damage. 2000miles within 24h on one of the hardes racetrack in the world and no problems

The SST is better as his call

Peter
Can we request a way to increase clamping pressure to the mix of developments? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top? thanks. Good news though. This trans is beautiful, but it tries my patience.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kozmic27
Can we request a way to increase clamping pressure to the mix of developments? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top? thanks. Good news though. This trans is beautiful, but it tries my patience.
That's the way....

Of course we try do give more pressure on the actuators to get a much more faster clamping. This is in our opinion the most deficit on the SST. The shifting speed isn't bad at all. Sure it could be a little bit faster but this faster shifting maybe some guys don't like for all day driving and feels to hard.

We think this will be possible also but just for race application because it wear the orginal pucks much more and upgraded pucks is must have.

On the other side we'd like to disable the torque limit on the first gear only with upgraded pucks.

The sugar on top will be the cancelation for the nerving "peep peep peep" during reserve, but of course this doesn't need a software in the SST

Peter
Old Dec 12, 2009, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boost MR
If they do not have all this figued out woth the TCU and trans by summer, I may get rid of it by a GSR and have AMS swap the parts.
Nah, I wouldn't do it. Sit tight, there will be something soon; I'm sure.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Peter10654
That's the way....

Of course we try do give more pressure on the actuators to get a much more faster clamping. This is in our opinion the most deficit on the SST. The shifting speed isn't bad at all. Sure it could be a little bit faster but this faster shifting maybe some guys don't like for all day driving and feels to hard.

We think this will be possible also but just for race application because it wear the orginal pucks much more and upgraded pucks is must have.

On the other side we'd like to disable the torque limit on the first gear only with upgraded pucks.

The sugar on top will be the cancelation for the nerving "peep peep peep" during reserve, but of course this doesn't need a software in the SST

Peter
Will it be possible to increase clamping pressure and speed only on Sport and S-Sport modes while leaving a more casual shifting pattern on Normal mode?

I would assume the SST mode selector is capable of working similar to how SI-Drive on the subaru's works as an ECU map selector.

Quick Reply: EVO X MR FP Red AMS 422 whp, 368 wtq