Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

BC 0131 Stage 2 Cam Testing=Good Gains!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2009, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS is a nice kit but your going into a different world where you can start breaking more things and possibly needing a motor ;( this is my DD and gets its fun on the street I really think my car with meth will give a fp red a good run
Old Dec 3, 2009, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by XEVOX08
ETS is a nice kit but your going into a different world where you can start breaking more things and possibly needing a motor ;( this is my DD and gets its fun on the street I really think my car with meth will give a fp red a good run
This is how I feel too, which is part of the reason I may keep my Red. More power = breaking more things for sure.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

yea man different manifold wga blah blah blah I want to enjoy the car and plus we are not doing 180mph rolls like supras do hahah I need the streetable power..This car does well on the street Yes Pete you will be wrenching my new kit also haha I think my car has a crazier idle than your racecar hahah lights dim car shakes!
Old Dec 3, 2009, 09:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by murlo26
This is how I feel too, which is part of the reason I may keep my Red. More power = breaking more things for sure.
Which unfortunately is part of the racing gig.

Our evo x for example runs a blouch dominator 2.0 with full bolt-ons and makes 415whp/385wtq on our dyno 1.0 CF at 28psi in 4th gear.

It is a fun daily driver and honestly does not break. We beat the crap out of the car and the only problem we've had was the stock evo x clutch master cyl. breaking a few times due to the exedy twin hd clutch.

We made our evo 9 master cyl. conversion for it and It has been great ever since. Every mile on our evo x is a hard earned mile. Usually used to give customers rides etc etc....

To conclude 400whp is enough to crack well into the 11's and have a fun full weight daily driver on a stock appearing turbo with a broad "FUN" power band.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 09:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by XEVOX08
yea man different manifold wga blah blah blah I want to enjoy the car and plus we are not doing 180mph rolls like supras do hahah I need the streetable power..This car does well on the street Yes Pete you will be wrenching my new kit also haha I think my car has a crazier idle than your racecar hahah lights dim car shakes!
Sounds good.

Tomei 280's on our evo 8 is pretty wild Gimmy boy...

I have spent some time tuning the idle on the drag car since we got it..

1500 rpm idle and it has a rock solid blah blah to it...Tomei 280 is my favorite race cam.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DG Motors
Which unfortunately is part of the racing gig.

Our evo x for example runs a blouch dominator 2.0 with full bolt-ons and makes 415whp/385wtq on our dyno 1.0 CF at 28psi in 4th gear.

It is a fun daily driver and honestly does not break. We beat the crap out of the car and the only problem we've had was the stock evo x clutch master cyl. breaking a few times due to the exedy twin hd clutch.

We made our evo 9 master cyl. conversion for it and It has been great ever since. Every mile on our evo x is a hard earned mile. Usually used to give customers rides etc etc....

To conclude 400whp is enough to crack well into the 11's and have a fun full weight daily driver on a stock appearing turbo with a broad "FUN" power band.
Yea I agree with this, I am constantly torn about what to do. I think the Red I have will be a great upgrade and get me happy, but the real question is for how long? I don't want to do things more than once, or at least i dont like to. That's why I am thinking just buck up and get a kit, tune it on e85 for lower boost (conservative tune) then boost the crap out of it when I want more.

Most kits can just swap turbo only to their manifold so I could start with a smaller one and upgrade when need be.

But FPred is so tempting, close to 500whp on a dynojet would still be really fun and close to the starting to break stuff level if not already there with e85.

Who knows, so many options out there.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by murlo26
Yea I agree with this, I am constantly torn about what to do. I think the Red I have will be a great upgrade and get me happy, but the real question is for how long? I don't want to do things more than once, or at least i dont like to. That's why I am thinking just buck up and get a kit, tune it on e85 for lower boost (conservative tune) then boost the crap out of it when I want more.

Most kits can just swap turbo only to their manifold so I could start with a smaller one and upgrade when need be.

But FPred is so tempting, close to 500whp on a dynojet would still be really fun and close to the starting to break stuff level if not already there with e85.

Who knows, so many options out there.
Then you already know what path you want to take. I encourage everyone to go big and you can always leave 600hp on the table when you want it. An ETS single scroll hta3586 will make 500whp on a dynojet @ 23/24psi no problem.

Spend the extra money now and leave yourself room to grow when you want. You will get used to the red real fast to be honest. Coming from tuning the same setups weekly, the stock appearing turbo power does not last long in my opinion. You will never get bored of the pure power coming out of a large turbo, even on low boost(22-25 psi) which will make anywhere from 460-500whp...You can't go wrong.

Why stress your motor at 30psi on a smaller turbo when you can spend a few more $$$ and run your motor happy on 23-25psi?

Lag is overrated and is soon forgotten when stepping it up with a nice sized snail.

Last edited by DG Motors; Dec 3, 2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Then you already know what path you want to take. I encourage everyone to go big and you can always leave 600hp on the table when you want it. An ETS single scroll hta3586 will make 500whp on a dynojet @ 23/24psi no problem.

Spend the extra money now and leave yourself room to grow when you want. You will get used to the red real fast to be honest. Coming from tuning the same setups weekly, the stock appearing turbo power does not last long in my opinion. You will never get bored of the pure power coming out of a large turbo, even on low boost(22-25 psi) which will make anywhere from 460-500whp...You can't go wrong.

Why stress your motor at 30psi on a smaller turbo when you can spend a few more $$$ and run your motor happy on 23-25psi?

Lag is overrated and is soon forgotten when stepping it up with a nice sized snail.
Lag doesn't bother me too much, that's what downshifting is for right? 1st gear out of the hole it will matter, but if you do that your car breaks even faster (launching etc).

Pending a few things, including my tax return, should be pretty high, i am thinking 5k region, i will be going a big snail i think. Still torn but you bring up some great points.

A note:

My buddy in his 240 with an sr20det upgrading his stock turbo to a 2871r ball bearing one, i think thats the disco potato, made over 400whp and it was quick spooling but ending up taking it out like 3 months later and going 35r, lol. Now hes over 500whp. For him it wasn't a big deal because he is a mechanic and does all his own work, but I would hate to have to pay for that. Trying to bug him for help with installs as is
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

I use to have that disco potato in my a4 audi hahah def spools fast but makes like 400hp def not enough. This motor we have is like 11k thats alot of money! Just know what you are getting into! I mean this is my 14th car so I been doing this for years your never happy with the power!
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

I have 460whp with my 3582HTA @25 psi and a restrictive 2.5 inch exhaust. Definitely go big or go home. Lag is forgotten about at 5K with a 35R.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

I feel ya on this hahah 35r ftw! tax money and rob the candy store we good! lol
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RU EVO
I have 460whp with my 3582HTA @25 psi and a restrictive 2.5 inch exhaust. Definitely go big or go home. Lag is forgotten about at 5K with a 35R.
there ya go, I said anywhere from 460-500 depending on your supporting mods, tune, gas, etc...
Old Dec 7, 2009, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a52...t=DSCN1004.flv

cams are beautiful hahah
Old Dec 7, 2009, 12:59 PM

How do the BC stage 2's compare to the Kelford stage 2's?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

They dont these are better well from the specs crowers seem bigger so I dunno. My car feels so much better up top now so who knows....we would have to do a comparison to tell.

Quick Reply: BC 0131 Stage 2 Cam Testing=Good Gains!