Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo 10 MR with Dom 2 - adds testpipe - retuned

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WolvieDC
GST

In the MODS lists you list "custom SST tables" are these tables meant to handle to torque increase?

With the stock clutch pack in the SST are you experiencing any slipping/ how close do you think you are to the getrags 347ft/lb torque limit?

For comparo purposes do you happen to have any of the stock torque numbers from the 08 Evo.
When you say "the getrags 347ft/lb torque limit" is that a limit in the TCU or the SST Trans itself?
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
I do not care for the forge actuators, we have had nothing but issues.

the dom2 and our BBX come with new upgraded actuators

cb
Thats what I've been hearing around the community...drop the Forge, and just stick with the stock WGA. Thanks Chad for confirming it.

We may swap the DOM out for your BBK-X and really see where this MR can do. After being retuned for TP the DOM does feel quite nice, but from what Mike, Delkat and Bryan have been saying, looks like the BBK-X can really put down some serious numbers/power with some incredible spool time!

Originally Posted by 08MR
When you say "the getrags 347ft/lb torque limit" is that a limit in the TCU or the SST Trans itself?
Good question? Anyone care to chime in on this? I would assume it would be both, considering the TCU was never designed to manage Large amounts of TQ (400+ft/lb's TQ). Obviously the Stock Clutch Packs would not hold up well if at all with 374 ft/lb's of TQ for long periods of time. We've seen roughly 310 ft/lbs of TQ on GST's dyno, but the CP's just want to let go so Bryan backs off in the TQ department for longevity purpose.

Last edited by HR2L; Feb 1, 2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:47 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Toxin
That's what I was thinking, literally... Because most HFC's claim they're "JUST LIKE A TESTPIPE, ONLY LEGAL".

So is there any HFC that actually works that good?

I was literally set on getting a 300cel AMS HFC for my car but after seeing this graph... No thank you.
MilSpec 100cel is the best flowing hiflow cat I have tested to date. Only gives up about 10 or so whp over a testpipe from testing I did on a Evo 9

- Bryan
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:56 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by WolvieDC
GST

In the MODS lists you list "custom SST tables" are these tables meant to handle to torque increase?

With the stock clutch pack in the SST are you experiencing any slipping/ how close do you think you are to the getrags 347ft/lb torque limit?

For comparo purposes do you happen to have any of the stock torque numbers from the 08 Evo.
Here is the one of the stock baselines of this MR: (dotted lines)

Yes the SST tables are tweaked to handle the extra power. I've see the SST clutches open even with stock turbo power.

This other MR is currently at 360 whp / 316 wtq on our dyno with no issues yet.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Here is the one of the stock baselines of this MR: (dotted lines)

Yes the SST tables are tweaked to handle the extra power. I've see the SST clutches open even with stock turbo power.

This other MR is currently at 360 whp / 316 wtq on our dyno with no issues yet.
Every time I see this chart it makes me want cams...
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HR2L

Good question? Anyone care to chime in on this? I would assume it would be both, considering the TCU was never designed to manage Large amounts of TQ. Obviously the Stock Clutch Packs would not hold up well if at all with 374 ft/lb's of TQ for long periods of time. We've seen roughly 310 ft/lbs of TQ on GST's dyno, but the CP's just want to let go so Bryan backs off in the TQ department for longevity purpose.
I do not know about the TCU but Getrag has listed the Maximum torque for the transmission to be 347ft/lb of torque.

I know people who design production transmissions for a living at they say that when these figures are listed they are a "safe" maximum with a safety factor built in and are tipically a limit of how much torque the transmission can hand as an input. i.e. you could run the transmission all day at 347ft/lb.

I belive the stock ft/lb of torque on the Evo X is 291lb/ft (cant remember the exact number of the top of my head) which on the stock graph on the dino shows up as bout 226ft/lb of torque at the wheels with the tuned showing a 70ft/lb of torque increase... so current output about 360lb/ft, which is beyond what Getrag says is the maximum but probably well withing the safty factor of what the transmission can handle before failure.

Last edited by WolvieDC; Feb 1, 2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 01:28 PM

Nice numbers. Congratulations.
It was good to meet you again last Friday. Am hoping to get my boost leak fixed on Thursday for Bryan to finish working his magic.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tractoy
Nice numbers. Congratulations.
It was good to meet you again last Friday. Am hoping to get my boost leak fixed on Thursday for Bryan to finish working his magic.
Definitely! Nice meeting you too!

Feels good when you get on gas now!
Need to have my WGA looked @, and probably replaced (going back to stock blouch WGA). Then a fine tune for myself as well.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Keep in mind the Blouch WGA is not "stock". It has an upgraded spring in it.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by delkat
Keep in mind the Blouch WGA is not "stock". It has an upgraded spring in it.
Yeah, should have never changed it. Thought though the Forge WGA might do a better job at holding more boost up top, but guess I was wrong (way wrong). Allot now say they have been having issues with them on the X turbos. Not even going to fool around with adjusting it, just throw the one that came with the DOM 2 back onto it (guess there pre-tensioned already) and call it a day. Hoping once we get it dialed in to pick up a bit more up top in both HP & TQ.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 07:08 PM
Account Disabled

I believe the Forge WGA isn't tensioned correctly as it was dropping boost as you can see with the power falloff up top. We are having him come in to tension it down more and retune it hopefully with more boost up top.
Well we ended up putting the blouch WGA back on and this allowed the car to hold boost and it picked up almost 30whp peak.

370 whp
now. Still on 91 oct, still on stock cams. Excellent power for a Evo 10 MR SST!

Will post graphs and boost plot later.

- Bryan
Old Feb 6, 2010, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

Well we ended up putting the blouch WGA back on and this allowed the car to hold boost and it picked up almost 30whp peak.

370 whp
now. Still on 91 oct, still on stock cams. Excellent power for a Evo 10 MR SST!

Will post graphs and boost plot later.

- Bryan
You betcha!!! Excellent Power for any street (DD) car.

Its pure awesome power Bryan! So glad we dumped the Forge. It pulls so hard to 7K in 4th and 5th (yeah, I decided to test her) Thanks for Everything! Cams....oh Cams!

The car is a beast, seriously.

Last edited by HR2L; Feb 6, 2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 01:20 AM

Ааааааааа awesome. Congatulations to Owner & respect to Tuner. Great Work. Waiting for Cams.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 01:26 PM

Nice hp gain!!!
Old Feb 7, 2010, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HR2L
You betcha!!! Excellent Power for any street (DD) car.

Its pure awesome power Bryan! So glad we dumped the Forge. It pulls so hard to 7K in 4th and 5th (yeah, I decided to test her) Thanks for Everything! Cams....oh Cams!

The car is a beast, seriously.
I knew you'd like the set up once you got the bugs worked out!

Quick Reply: Evo 10 MR with Dom 2 - adds testpipe - retuned