Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

MAP EF3 Tuned by Rick @ Rallinspired

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
27.5 psi on 91? Brave man.

Before people cry take a look at this thread from three years ago: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...91-octane.html

This turbo is really shaping up to be very very close to the BBX Lite.

Great turbo options for enthusiasts now!

Last edited by razorlab; Nov 11, 2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alexandertg4
I don't have a tactrix cable or evoscan so that's not possible. One of these days, I'll putt over to RRE for a dyno there.

In my area, there is no E85 but I am able to get it if I drive a bit. That's the main reason I did not tune on it but we may try a 100 octane tune and see what it makes. As you can see on the chart, it wants to keep pulling but stock block and low octane don't allow it to.
sounds good does it hold that 27psi across? hard to tell w/o a scale for boost on the graph lol. and how is the response and stuff on the street?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Kracka
^Impressive indeed!

It sounds like that dyno reads similar to a DynoDynamics.
Our mustang dyno was setup and calibrated by the same tech that did Bushur's first low reading dyno and James Reese's Mustang Dyno. They have since switched over to a newer model but we are still using the same setup. All three dynos at that time were setup to read as closely as possible. This is just so people have an understanding of where our dyno falls. To also compare the results of this dyno Evo X with full bolt ons minus the cams make less peak /top end horsepower on E85. Usually 340whp or so. Those same stock turbos Evo Xs do have a better low and mid range power band but again for being on pump gas this setup was very impressive. WE were glad to be the ones to install, test , and tune this setup for Alex. We might just do a 100oct tune just for the heck of it to see what it makes.

Rick B.
RALLInspired@GKM Garage

Last edited by RALLInspired; Nov 11, 2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks very good, great for 91 oct. The spool looks comparable to an FPred.

You can see why I always think its dumb to run a black on a stock block though. The power on the black is still climbing pretty good at redline, it needs more RPM's. The EF3 looks pretty dang close to perfect stock block territory as long as you keep boost reasonable.

I bet it feels great, congrats.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by razorlab

Before people cry take a look at this thread from three years ago: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...91-octane.html

why do you say the lite?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:07 PM

Believe me when i say i did what i could to lower the boost as much as i could Bryan. WGDC are zeroed out from 5500RPM+ and up and we even loosened the wastegate actuator. Knock count is nothing more than 1-2 counts in 3rd and 4th gear tuning pulls as well as 1-5th on the dyno. Data logs were also taken on the road immediately after tuning. This turbo just loves to boost.

Rick B.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by jyamona
why do you say the lite?
because the spool and power output are very close.

The normal BBX is a 370-400whp 91 oct capable turbo on proper mustang dynos like this.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by RALLInspired
Believe me when i say i did what i could to lower the boost as much as i could Bryan. WGDC are zeroed out from 5500RPM+ and up and we even loosened the wastegate actuator. Knock count is nothing more than 1-2 counts in 3rd and 4th gear tuning pulls as well as 1-5th on the dyno. Data logs were also taken on the road immediately after tuning. This turbo just loves to boost.

Rick B.
Yea I'm not being critical.

WGDC's are zeroed out? I'd be careful as that means there is no error correction possible if the ECU needs to pull boost now.

Was the car boost creeping? 0 WGDC up top seems very odd.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know Kracka had a similar issue with his WG. Meaning it came preloaded from MAP pretty high.

I am guessing you didn't loosen it enough is all.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Rick B.
throw a log into VD!

because the spool and power output are very close.

The normal BBX is a 370-400whp 91 oct capable turbo on proper mustang dynos like this.
oh alright. most of the threads I saw w/ the lite were barely over 400whp on 93oct. not many of them had cams, although all had a tubular.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:13 PM

BTW Bryan. Robert Garcia says "what's up". Not sure if you remember him or not from back in the day... his words. We're working together now.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

WGDC's are zeroed out? I'd be careful as that means there is no error correction possible if the ECU needs to pull boost now.

these do come w/ a 25psi actuator. combined w/ preload or a little creep could easily hold it at 27psi
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:15 PM

No it was not typical creep as you would normally see and even in 5th its fine. All gears with corrections came out about even. Trust me i know where you're coming from. We're going to make arrangements to do some further testing for ourselves and everyone else hopefully in the next few weeks.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:17 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by jyamona

oh alright. most of the threads I saw w/ the lite were barely over 400whp on 93oct. not many of them had cams, although all had a tubular.
Yea the BBX Lite on a proper mustang like this are 320-370whp capable turbos on 91 oct.

BTW Bryan. Robert Garcia says "what's up". Not sure if you remember him or not from back in the day... his words. We're working together now.

Of course I remember Robert. Been a long time. Tell him I say howdy.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looking good sir, thank you again for your patience as we worked towards our official release!

Quick Reply: MAP EF3 Tuned by Rick @ Rallinspired