Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

2013 Gsr EF4 500+whp

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tscompusa
tuning a stock block 8/9 for 450tq on a red is not something i would do, unless the cars making 600WHP+ & it absolutely needed that tq at high rpm to achieve that peak HP.

I am in full agreement with you on the more power you make, the more risk you take in general. I'm sure your old tuner gave you the option to be conservative, and you chose not to do so it sounds like, so that wouldn't be his fault then.

when you pop an engine it does give you a bad taste in your mouth, even if it is mechanical and not even power related. It is not a fun experience, im sure you'll agree lol

live and learn!
I was a bit too concerned with numbers and didn't think stuff blew up. Honestly, the 8/9's around town all run similar torque on his dyno to mine, which was 390 on a dyno dynamics (proper one).

He didn't actually say anything really when tuning, he did tune it for 27psi originally then I came back with a stiffer wga for more boost and I told him the rough psi range I felt like running.

I assumed if it wasn't safe he would've said something but he just more or less tuned it like I asked. It is what it is, I don't really care any more, its a fun game to play, just wish I had more money to play it with some extra head room haha.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by murlo26
I was a bit too concerned with numbers and didn't think stuff blew up. Honestly, the 8/9's around town all run similar torque on his dyno to mine, which was 390 on a dyno dynamics (proper one).

He didn't actually say anything really when tuning, he did tune it for 27psi originally then I came back with a stiffer wga for more boost and I told him the rough psi range I felt like running.

I assumed if it wasn't safe he would've said something but he just more or less tuned it like I asked. It is what it is, I don't really care any more, its a fun game to play, just wish I had more money to play it with some extra head room haha.
ya you pushed it really hard then. you were well into the 500wtq+ dynojet range.
so you got to feel the power then it let go, then you were addicted. now you remain addicted. sounds about right.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HAH Sounds like all of us... I'm not stopping here, I have other stuff I'm working on for this car. But everything between you guys have post since page 3 are dead on accurate. The car literally doesn't want to drop in power and if you know this already, the ef4 continues to make power till it's time to shift.

The thing that most people are over looking on here is that I'm not running a quick spooling turbo which helps the block stay happy. In addition to jon's tuning abilities... he was able to reserve the block by controlling spool to limit a higher TQ curve.

I've seen other cars with similar mods make 430-450TQ of course granted they have a "built" block. My car has VERY VERY VERY low miles and is only a few months old. I guess that helps too.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 09:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by AlphaKennyBody
HAH Sounds like all of us... I'm not stopping here, I have other stuff I'm working on for this car. But everything between you guys have post since page 3 are dead on accurate. The car literally doesn't want to drop in power and if you know this already, the ef4 continues to make power till it's time to shift.

The thing that most people are over looking on here is that I'm not running a quick spooling turbo which helps the block stay happy. In addition to jon's tuning abilities... he was able to reserve the block by controlling spool to limit a higher TQ curve.

I've seen other cars with similar mods make 430-450TQ of course granted they have a "built" block. My car has VERY VERY VERY low miles and is only a few months old. I guess that helps too.
that info + the graph / tune posted = your engine will last a LONG time over 500whp. years!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks Tom! It pulls like a champ, which I can get more TQ out of it but Jon suggested to leave it where it's at or else I'll create a window in the block.... But it's okay... I'm happy for what it does with such minimal mods..
Old Mar 28, 2013, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by el.guerrero
post on smooth 6 and with temp correction,

This is not a valid VD graph.
How do you change all that stuff? I have never been able to change anything on VD. Also why would you need baro changes since they are part of the log?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 03:31 AM
Evolved Member

liking all the good info here, cleared up a lot of things. 4 years on and this set of wheels still continue to surprise

maybe it's time to give jon a call
Old Mar 28, 2013, 06:41 AM

nice numbers! must pull hard!!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by endGameXIII

maybe it's time to give jon a call
Trust me... U would like the tune. He got my EF2 perfected in like 3 revisions.!!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by AlphaKennyBody

DAMN DUDE... Heard about your car man... shyt sucks.. hope your able to put it back together... You should contact TuningTech man since they're local to you.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 09:22 PM

just reading this is making me want to re-tuned by baka even tho i just got a protune 2 days ago. lol. great #s.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by itsoem
DAMN DUDE... Heard about your car man... shyt sucks.. hope your able to put it back together... You should contact TuningTech man since they're local to you.
So the motor popped?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 03:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lowkey
So the motor popped?
not that im aware of
infact he sent me logs monday night
Old Apr 25, 2013, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lowkey
So the motor popped?
LOL no... I'm sure I just smashed a 2013 M5 this morning... Motor is Legit and fine. Somehow my Wifey was able to get the C-Clip that connects the TOB and pressure plate popped off leaving me with no clutch to use lol.... In the return ride home using clutch less shifting I snapped the CMC from me stepping on the clutch over and over till it built enough pressure to pop. So no... the car is Fine =)

Originally Posted by itsoem
Good Lookin out Jerry, Car is has been running since last saturday... It was down for a total of 3 days But quickly I replaced the Clutch, Pressure Plate, and CMC. The CMC was a pain in the *** but it's all good. Car runs like a champ.

As for the block no harm here... me and Baka are actually in the process of finishing up my built bottom end to turn the power up. The turbo is barely movin right now and has plenty of room to go.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Last edited by AlphaKennyBody; Apr 25, 2013 at 09:22 AM.

Quick Reply: 2013 Gsr EF4 500+whp