Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Navigation Backup Camera Harness

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2010, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation Backup Camera Harness

I read on another post that someone had an aftermarket backup camera installed to the factory navigation unit using a specially made harness. The harness plugged right into the Nav unit and ended in an RCA jack. Does anyone know where I can buy this harness? Or if there is another way to install the camera without cutting into any wires? Thank you!
Old Dec 24, 2010, 06:52 PM

Here's the part numbers:

Camera Kit - MZ380462EX
Harness - MZ607384EX

http://mitsupartsworld.com/mitsubish...rts-cable.html

Name:  cam_instr_008.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  99.9 KB

Last edited by sxng9; Dec 24, 2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 06:58 PM

I did some handy dandy forum search bar use and found some information. I am looking for aftermarket not stock, thank you though!

This link goes to the guy who makes the cables
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...a-adapter.html

This link has an installation PDF: http://www.soflancer.com/downloads/backcam.pdf

I will email him and see if he still makes these cables, if not I will see if I can make it myself. Does anyone know how the cable is constructed? Seems just like two wires to an RCA connector.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 01:18 PM

I am installing a backup camera and am trying to wire it into the reverse light system. I know that on the trunk, the reverse light wires are white and black and I assume they connect together in the trunk lid and snake out in the trunk itself. There is a white connector in the trunk that the wires go to and so I spliced into the thick white and black wires. No success. Once they get to the harness, the other side of the harness becomes a mess of color. So either I tapped into the wrong wires, the energy isnt enough to power the camera, or I blew my camera. Does anyone have the wiring diagrams for the trunk wiring and or do they know what the wire colors (pos and neg) are for the reverse lights at both sides of the plug?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DuffmasterFresh
I am installing a backup camera and am trying to wire it into the reverse light system. I know that on the trunk, the reverse light wires are white and black and I assume they connect together in the trunk lid and snake out in the trunk itself. There is a white connector in the trunk that the wires go to and so I spliced into the thick white and black wires. No success. Once they get to the harness, the other side of the harness becomes a mess of color. So either I tapped into the wrong wires, the energy isnt enough to power the camera, or I blew my camera. Does anyone have the wiring diagrams for the trunk wiring and or do they know what the wire colors (pos and neg) are for the reverse lights at both sides of the plug?
i installed an aftermarket cam on my car..not sure if i posted here or on another forum. when i tapped for power for the camera i tapped the big thick wire on the trunk..i can't remember which color it is coz it's been a while. it worked out fine for me.

here you go man...i looked for my install link:

evoxforums/forums/showthread.php?t=27458

Last edited by reggiesd; Jan 20, 2011 at 05:15 AM.