Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

OEM Navigation or aftermarket...best way to go about it.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2011, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Parikh1234
for me the stock nav is awesome. Integrates well into the car and is a very cool nav system. I would say go with the stock.
Originally Posted by 07outty
the m.m.c.s. much much more than just a nav unit.

it is easy to install also.

do some on-line research about the system and i think you will want it.
What they said. I put in the OEM MMCS about a month after i got my car and have absolutely no complaints. Go to the how to section for the DIY install and you'll be up and running in less than an hour. I didnt have to take my to the dealership to get programed either.

If you decide to go aftermarket make sure you look at all the dash kit. IMO, the JDM one is the only way to go.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:58 PM

I went OEM because I wanted to retain the use of my steering wheel controls and keep that OEM look. You are not going to be able to retain the stock bluetooth systems with an aftermarket unit.

I was able to get my MMCS off of these forums for about $1200 including install kit. Keep your eyes open. Check eBay too.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

I'd have to say +1 on getting an android phone with navigation. It works better then any OEM system I've ever used and it has every POI you could ever want while constantly being updated.

I must be one of the only ones who actively avoids getting navigation installed on my cars. They are incredibly expensive (2000+ $ ) and for the money are generally worse performing then 100$ units you can pick up at best buy. Huge, huge scam if you ask me.

Also don't agree that it improves the aesthetics, unless you also think installing TV screens in the head rests is also an improvement. In my opinion the correct number of TV screens installed in an Evo is exactly zero
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

http://businesscenter.jdpower.com/ne...spx?ID=2008237
Old Apr 15, 2011, 01:58 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2011 nav system will work with my 2010 EVO?

Last edited by migs647; Apr 15, 2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:17 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by MR. EVO MR
Does anyone know if the 2011 nav system will work with my 2010 EVO?
Long as you get all of the components, yes. It just turns into a regular deck at that point. All the harness connections are the same to the amp.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by migs647
Long as you get all of the components, yes. It just turns into a regular deck at that point. All the harness connections are the same to the amp.
I am still confused. Are there built in controls for things like the bluetooth on the steering wheel? If You have a non-Navi one and try to upgrade to the factory navi one will you need a new steering wheel etc?
Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:52 AM

I will be trading in my 09 Lancer GTS and I am removing my Navi and replacing it with an X stock radio this weekend. If any one is interested let me know. I will sell it with all the parts you need to install to your X.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:56 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by GrenEggz
I am still confused. Are there built in controls for things like the bluetooth on the steering wheel? If You have a non-Navi one and try to upgrade to the factory navi one will you need a new steering wheel etc?
The bluetooth steering control unit and the bluetooth module (above the glove box) are both separate from the main unit. As is the GPS module under the middle of the dash, and the microphone in the ceiling light bezel. Long as you have these in your car, you'll just have to replace the head unit.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 02:53 PM

Another option is the evoscan nav unit. Customizable gages,

updatable nav, tuning tools. This is on my wish list.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 06:33 AM

How much?

Originally Posted by 714benz
I will be trading in my 09 Lancer GTS and I am removing my Navi and replacing it with an X stock radio this weekend. If any one is interested let me know. I will sell it with all the parts you need to install to your X.

how much and do you know if it will work on any X for sure?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:57 PM

Does anyone have the part# for the stock navi bezel?? The dealer can't find it without ordering a $400 install kit and opening it up to see. But if I can get the part# from the back they can order it for me. Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2012, 01:37 PM
EvoM Community Team

Man the JDM bezel is $200
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:55 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ikamono
Does anyone have the part# for the stock navi bezel?? The dealer can't find it without ordering a $400 install kit and opening it up to see. But if I can get the part# from the back they can order it for me. Thanks!
If the non-standard USDM dash kit is available seperately, you should be able to get it through Mitsubishiparts.net

You can PM RussellM to find out..

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/pr...=newpm&u=70595

For the standard double-din JDM dash kit, you'll either have to find one used, or have one imported from Japan..

http://www.japanparts.com/db/parts_detail.php?submit.x=13&submit.y=3&NUMBER=000 21244&VOLUME=330-019-001&DEALER=4&CAR=135&MIDDLE=2&SMALL=13&MAKER=9&VOL KEY=&SEARCH_DEALER=4&SEARCH_CAR=135&SEARCH_MIDDLE= 2&SEARCH_SMALL=13&SEARCH_MAKER=&SEARCH_VOLKEY=&SEA RCH_page=2
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

In case you are lazy, that JDM 2-DIN kit is $329.
Rising fuel prices, tsunami, power plant meltdowns and Japan's playing around with their Yen in the world economy etc made it jump from less than $200 to $329. But it's perfect.

The USDM kit only fits the Mitsu Nav, as it's a wider format than 2-DIN.

The Scosche kit and the Metra kit are expensive and have some really bad fitment and or color matching to the dash issues.

A guy named Evo-R on "the other forum" was selling a nice one but I think he has stopped as of a few years ago, and stripped of his vendor status there for whatever reason. So that's out too.

This kit here seems to be one hell of a deal, and very close to the JDM model. IMO, this is the only viable option for the US looking for 2-DIN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Evo-D...#ht_1994wt_649

Pics here:
www. evo x forums .com/forums/showthread.php?t=53512&page=4

Hope that helps someone. I just got done doing this research for my own project

Last edited by digitalskillz; Jan 19, 2012 at 05:56 AM.

Quick Reply: OEM Navigation or aftermarket...best way to go about it.