Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Did I just screw myself?...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2011, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
450 sounds right. bought 2 install kit in 2008 for the same price.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ericjai113
From the 2011 Evo Accessory Catalog, I need the part #MZ360344EX install kit. I currently have the MZ360192EX and it is not working for my FUSE...

I try contacted Sam Smash from South Coast Mitsu, but he hasn't return my call nor e-mail. Anyone know where I can get a kit cheaper than $450?
This is the exact problem I have also. It must be the install kit because I have MZ360192EX and my FUSE isn't communicating with the MMCS. $450 is an average price. You may be able to call your local dealership and talk them down a little on the price. Or, perhaps the dealership can just order you the wire harness since you already have the other parts from the kit that you can use.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BeyondLimitsEvo
This is the exact problem I have also. It must be the install kit because I have MZ360192EX and my FUSE isn't communicating with the MMCS. $450 is an average price. You may be able to call your local dealership and talk them down a little on the price. Or, perhaps the dealership can just order you the wire harness since you already have the other parts from the kit that you can use.

Do you know if this is the difference in the wire harness only that is not connecting the FUSE or different CAN Box as well?

I just found online that I can order replacement harness for the navi for $17 instead of buying the whole kit. I think this is replacement parts for the 2011 Evo and it should work if it is only difference in harness.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

If You found the harness sold separately, just make sure it works with the Bluetooth and FUSE before you buy it. But yes, I believe that should be the only difference in kits. Could you post a link to the site where you found the harness?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 08:50 AM

Here its the link to harness:
http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/inde...layCatalogid=0

On the website, it is specific for 2011 - 12 Evo, so I think it is going to work with FUSE since it only becomes available on 2011.

Did you have the dealer activate the bluetooth or it works after plug and play?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

So that means MMCS prior to N-03 and older won't be applicable?

On the website, it is specific for 2011 - 12 Evo, so I think it is going to work with FUSE since it only becomes available on 2011.

Old Nov 15, 2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by 416_EVO
If you need the harness for the older MMCS, I can sell you mine once I order the new one.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 416_EVO
That model MMCS should work, just as long as you use the harness specific to your year.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

I had the dealer activate the Bluetooth option. I've heard some guys needing no activation, though. If you do need it, it's very quick. Only like 10 mins at the dealer.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 02:05 PM

Suscribed.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

If you need the harness for the older MMCS, I can sell you mine once I order the new one.
After you receive your new harness, give an update if this solved the FUSE issue or not. I'm willing to bet money that it does.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 08:25 PM

I had the dealer activate the Bluetooth option. I've heard some guys needing no activation, though. If you do need it, it's very quick. Only like 10 mins at the dealer.

I hope the new harness can solve the FUSE problem. Right now the car is communicating with the MMCS, only the bluetooth and USB not work. From the secret menu, I saw that the handsfree/usb button is gray out. So I hope with the new harness, I can turn on the handsfree/usb from the secret menu and everything should work.

Did the dealer activate your bluetooth with the MUT-III tool? or just make the ECU communicate with the MMCS? I hope that I don't need to bring it to the dealer again.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

That's what happened with mine too. After taking it to the dealership, I was able to see the mobile phone option in the menu but it was grayed out. With the new harness you shouldn't have to take it back to the dealership. It will most likely be plug and play.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

didnt need to activate mine, although i got the MMCS new from the dealer. (they didnt have the color/options WITH nav, so they hooked me up on the car, AND ordering the nav thru parts, so i ended up paying a bit less than normal. i didnt want to wait for them to install, so i did it myself) everything worked 100% right outta the box, plugged it all in, conneced the battery, and it was good to go. this is on a 2011 GSR that had FUSE stock but no nav
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:44 PM

I finally got the new navigation harness today, it has been a 60 days wait for special order from Japan...

I swapped the harness right after I got home, and volia, my bluetooth and USB finally work again!!!

So the only difference is the harness between the 2011, 2012 and the other years.

I now have a spare 2008 - 2010 OEM navigation harness I no longer need. PM me if you are interested in picking it up.

Quick Reply: Did I just screw myself?...