Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Installed projectors now low beams won't work.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed projectors now low beams won't work.

So I just got the sonar projectors in yesterday. I love the look of them. I have a 8k hid kit that was already on the car. I put the lights together (didn't mount yet) just to test the lights. It came with a bulb already so I tested it with that and it worked fine on the right. Same with the left. Then I removed the bulb and plugged in my projector (note it had a blue and a black cable which I ran to my hid which had black and red so I ran red with red and the blue with the black, and I get nothing. So then I switch and run the red with the black and blue with the other red and It lit up. So I'm thinking ok maybe this is how it goes. So I plug the other side the same way and it works. Then I turn them off and unplug them to mount them on the car and when i test it I get nothing on the low beams. The side markers turn signal lower led strip even the high beams work just neither of the low beams will work now. So I'm thinking I have something lose. Everything is fine. I need my low beams so I took the HIDs off and put my stock lights back on an STILL no low beams. I don't know what could have happened when it comes to wiring I'm not too familiar with it. I'm thinking it's a blown fuse? I really don't know but I hope that's all it is. Does anyone know where I can find a fuse layout of our cars of which fuses are which so I can try to replace them?

Any input would help. And here's the fuse box

Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:25 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ The fuse layout is listed under the fuse cover lid. If you look at the very top of your pic, you can see the white writing.