Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Does anyone have any idea about this touch screen?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have any idea about this touch screen?

Hello everyone,
As I was looking for a new touch screen for my evo x I found this one..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n-esz_vm0lI

Look at the video and give me some idea ?

I don't care about the back camera I just like it cuz it looks factory touch screen

And does this fits the evo x or not ?

Thank you all.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:12 AM

Hi. It is a cheap Chinese toy, quality very low. We in Russia have about 500-700 dollars. It is better to buy the normal device of the Pioneer type and a transitional frame.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by borisov383
Hi. It is a cheap Chinese toy, quality very low. We in Russia have about 500-700 dollars. It is better to buy the normal device of the Pioneer type and a transitional frame.
Aha that's why. I was wondering why it is so cheap, well thank you for the help me friend.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by scood
Aha that's why. I was wondering why it is so cheap, well thank you for the help me friend.
I have more info on this unit since I use to have it before I went back to OEM nav. It is garbage period, it calculates slow for navigation and freezes/hangs frequently where the only way to fix this is to reset it back to default with a toothpick where the hole for reset is located. Went through 2 replacement units to try to get this fixed, and it seems to be a design issue in the end. The sound output is actually no better, maybe worse than the stock radio. But you can watch dvd's in motion fairly painlessly with this unit.

Also the way it is designed makes it too easy for sun glare on the screen that makes it practically useless during sunny days and raising the brightness to maximum is still too dark.

Warranty is non existent no matter what the seller tells you. The only saving grace is that it does have a bus so you can use it with your rockford fosgate factory upgrade.

Also 10 months down the line, it stopped outputting sound and I threw it in the trash, that's how bad this unit is. radios to blame cause I did take it to dealership to see if it was issue with stock amplifier dying on me, but it ended up amp was fine, and changing back to stock radio gave me my sound back. So I know that this radio was not built to last. Save your money and get a brand name aftermarket unit and not this no name china brand.

Last edited by timereaper; Apr 4, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by timereaper
I have more info on this unit since I use to have it before I went back to OEM nav. It is garbage period, it calculates slow for navigation and freezes/hangs frequently where the only way to fix this is to reset it back to default with a toothpick where the hole for reset is located. Went through 2 replacement units to try to get this fixed, and it seems to be a design issue in the end. The sound output is actually no better, maybe worse than the stock radio. But you can watch dvd's in motion fairly painlessly with this unit.

Also the way it is designed makes it too easy for sun glare on the screen that makes it practically useless during sunny days and raising the brightness to maximum is still too dark.

Warranty is non existent no matter what the seller tells you. The only saving grace is that it does have a bus so you can use it with your rockford fosgate factory upgrade.

Also 10 months down the line, it stopped outputting sound and I threw it in the trash, that's how bad this unit is. radios to blame cause I did take it to dealership to see if it was issue with stock amplifier dying on me, but it ended up amp was fine, and changing back to stock radio gave me my sound back. So I know that this radio was not built to last. Save your money and get a brand name aftermarket unit and not this no name china brand.
Thank you my friend letting me know because I was just about to get and I wasn't really confinsed on it because the unit wasn't really popular I showed it to a lot of my friend and they haven't seen it before, that's why I posted in here cuz I knew that there will be someone will known about this thank you, now I'm ready to get brand name aftermarket unit
Old Apr 5, 2012, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by scood
Thank you my friend letting me know because I was just about to get and I wasn't really confinsed on it because the unit wasn't really popular I showed it to a lot of my friend and they haven't seen it before, that's why I posted in here cuz I knew that there will be someone will known about this thank you, now I'm ready to get brand name aftermarket unit
I just remembered, forgot to add that even though you can power off the unit, you never want to. If you power off the unit it will give some very bad ground loop noise that comes through the speakers. Also it gives some noise even when turned on with volume on mute, so it doesn't isolate alternator noise that well.

Switching back to stock deck doesn't have this issue powering off, and it has a much quieter noise floor when muted. You don't want to use the integrated bluetooth phone function on this aftermarket nav as everytime you turn on the car, it causes a popping noise that is very loud for some reason.

Steering wheel control integration is hit or miss, and if it is missing no steering wheel control module will allow it to work since this is not a recognized brand name aftermarket radio and does not utilize the normal steering wheel control plug out.

Unit comes with 4gb microSD card that comes loaded with the nav maps but it does not support higher than the 4gb or speed 4 microSD card, I've tried so I know.

Fitment to dash is pretty good, much better than the Metra dash kit.

Back up camera integration works though for this unit no problem, I had it hooked up to an aftermarket back up camera with no issues. But sometimes the grounding issues this unit exibits makes the back up camera look all jarbled where the image loops in on itself like a bad reception channel.

Last edited by timereaper; Apr 6, 2012 at 06:09 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 01:13 AM

Hi. in Russia such Chinese devices are a little popular In us because of very poor quality. Put usually good 2DIN magnitolu+perekhodny a ramka+adapter of buttons of a sound on a wheel. But it is most of all appreciated original MMCS.