Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Need to buy a new key

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need to buy a new key

So when I purchased my X used it only came with one key. I was wanting to pick up another one just in case something ever happened. I spoke to the dealer and he said he could get me one at cost but couldn't tell me what his "cost" price was. Just curious if there was an alternate solution? Do we have to go through Mitsu? Also, how much should I expect to spend? It's not the FAST key FOB, just the regular old key.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 08:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the same issue. The dealership quoted me $120 for the key and about $98 for programming. I would be very cautious about where you get the key. I have a friend who bought one online for his truck for $30 and took it to the dealership to have it programmed. An hour later they told him the key was "no good". Now, of course, it could have just been that they were shady and wanted him to buy the key there but either way he has a key he can't use now. Fortunately in my case, the place I bought my car from agreed to reimburse me for the key.