Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Does the 2014 Evo touchscreen radio support back up camera?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how are you friends i need your help i have the one i need the cable and harness for backup camera

Old Jan 30, 2017, 06:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok
Old Jan 31, 2017, 09:55 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bought everything except the Posi-Tap 22 gauge connectors and mounting tape (oops)

Unless i missed something, i have Black, White, and Blue wires as the "Control Wires" and not Red, White and Blue as the paper stated.

Plan on installing the Pyle backup camera next week. Thanks for the shots and steps hloc5!

Old Mar 21, 2017, 08:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NocturnL
Hey, thanks for replying.

As you've instructed, but I didn't find anyway to turn them off.

I went into the color contrast settings and saw RGB Screen Settings, Camera Image Settings, and Image Screen Settings was grayed-out.

RGB and Camera settings didn't have anything about the guidelines at all. Could it be in the Image Screen settings which is I couldn't enter since it's grayed-out? If so, any idea why would it be grayed-out?

Thanks, again.
After the camera was installed, I held the Settings and Map buttons down together until the advanced menu popped up. I was able to go into Camera Settings, which I believe was grayed out before the install, and disabled camera lines there.
Attached Thumbnails Does the 2014 Evo touchscreen radio support back up camera?-photo557.jpg   Does the 2014 Evo touchscreen radio support back up camera?-photo79.jpg   Does the 2014 Evo touchscreen radio support back up camera?-photo932.jpg  
Old Apr 5, 2017, 05:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was able to successfully install a aftermarket reverse camera to my non navi oem head unit utilizing this harness:

Axxess AX-MITSUCAM-6V Mitsubishi Backup Camera Retain/Add-On 14-up

https://www.amazon.com/Axxess-AX-MITSUCAM-6V-Mitsubishi-Backup-Camera/dp/B01MQH96KP https://www.amazon.com/Axxess-AX-MITSUCAM-6V-Mitsubishi-Backup-Camera/dp/B01MQH96KP
Old May 7, 2017, 03:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nicholaus
After the camera was installed, I held the Settings and Map buttons down together until the advanced menu popped up. I was able to go into Camera Settings, which I believe was grayed out before the install, and disabled camera lines there.
It is the strangest thing. I bought a camera and the Axxess AX-MITSUCAM harness and hooked it up as directed.
http://assets.sonicelectronix.com/ma...cam_manual.pdf

I have that same head unit and I have a 2014 too. But when I put it in reverse, nothing. When I go to the hidden menu, I don't see anything about a camera either. Maybe my camera is bad?
Old May 8, 2017, 04:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I figured it out.

Pin 3 goes to ground. It lets the head unit know there is a camera.
Pin 6 goes to the ground of the backup camera.
Pin 7 goes to the positive of the backup camera.

Apparently some people have skipped pin 6 and just used pin 3 for the ground of the camera. While that works, I think it is better to follow the manual a bit more closely.

The backup camera will need to be grounded and powered independently of the head unit. For the factory camera, you can use pin 4 to power it but it is only 6.5v so it won't work with most cameras.

You can use the AX-MITSUCAM harness to make it easier but you will need to download the latest instructions. They updated the instructions to tell you to ground all 3 black wires in the harness. One wire doesn't actually connect to anything and the other two are pins 3 and 6. It also says to connect the yellow wire which doesn't actually do anything. It connects to pin 1 or 5 which isn't needed.
The following users liked this post:
mikesevo8 (Aug 27, 2019)
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for any information on this install for a 2015 outlander sport.
Purchased the touch screen and was able to run the wiring, tried pinning the harness per this tutorial, but it won't detect the Pyle camera. I used the reverse wire for power, even tried a constant power and still no luck.
Here's a pic of my grey harness. Wondering if it differs from the Lancers, or if something different needs to be done for it to work on the Outlanders.

Last edited by Chicago_one; Aug 21, 2017 at 01:54 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Chicago_one
Looking for any information on this install for a 2015 outlander sport.
Purchased the touch screen and was able to run the wiring, tried pinning the harness per this tutorial, but it won't detect the Pyle camera. I used the reverse wire for power, even tried a constant power and still no luck.
Here's a pic of my grey harness. Wondering if it differs from the Lancers, or if something different needs to be done for it to work on the Outlanders.
http://www.engineershed.com/?p=145